Carnival Victory Handicap room

trew

We are thinking about taking my mom who needs a wheelchair on the Victory doing a b2b. The room that is handicap is 1040. There will be my husband, myself, and my 90 year old mom. I looked at the floor plan and can't figure out where they will put the third person. Has anyone stayed here and can give us some information would be great. Thanks.:)

We are thinking about taking my mom who needs a wheelchair on the Victory doing a b2b. The room that is handicap is 1040. There will be my husband, myself, and my 90 year old mom. I looked at the floor plan and can't figure out where they will put the third person. Has anyone stayed here and can give us some information would be great. Thanks.:)

Room 1040 is not a handicapped room according to plans on another site. And it does not look like the interior rooms that are handicapped are equipped to handle 3 people unless it is maybe room 1001 on the front of the ship. It has a sofa and king bed with handicapped bathroom. The best thing to do is call Carnival in the morning and ask to speak to the Special Needs department. They are really great about helping you organize what you will need.

Found on GoCCL:

1004 4J 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king / trundle bed

View: obstructed window - view to outdoor walkway

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: Interactive TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, 2-closets, sofa and coffee table

Note: Stateroom is modified for wheelchair users

The only time I chose a Guaranteed Cabin, we were put in a handicap accessible room. The bathroom was enlarged, taking up space that was in the living area. There was a bar only 6 inches wide for hanging clothes. I kid you not. There were three shelves for storing other clothes and items. It was totally unacceptable. It took several trips to GS and a day before we were moved to another cabin. We had to live out of our suitcases. There would have been absolutely no room for a third person. We were tight as it was just the two of us.

When my husband in a wheelchair needed an accessible cabin, the room again was very small. The beds were pushed together with the head on the far wall from the door. There were only a few inches on each side of the bed. Once I got my husband on the bed, I had to pull him up to the pillow. I had to move the wheelchair out in the hall to get by it. It was crazy small and totally ridiculous for two people. So - my advice is to be careful. I would never book an accessible cabin again. Unless a cabin was made accessible originally, it was probably modified, making the bathroom large and taking valuable space from the rest of the cabin. Good luck.

The only time I chose a Guaranteed Cabin, we were put in a handicap accessible room. The bathroom was enlarged, taking up space that was in the living area. There was a bar only 6 inches wide for hanging clothes. I kid you not. There were three shelves for storing other clothes and items. It was totally unacceptable. It took several trips to GS and a day before we were moved to another cabin. We had to live out of our suitcases. There would have been absolutely no room for a third person. We were tight as it was just the two of us.

When my husband in a wheelchair needed an accessible cabin, the room again was very small. The beds were pushed together with the head on the far wall from the door. There were only a few inches on each side of the bed. Once I got my husband on the bed, I had to pull him up to the pillow. I had to move the wheelchair out in the hall to get by it. It was crazy small and totally ridiculous for two people. So - my advice is to be careful. I would never book an accessible cabin again. Unless a cabin was made accessible originally, it was probably modified, making the bathroom large and taking valuable space from the rest of the cabin. Good luck.

Yeah sounds like you definitely got a modified cabin instead of an actual handicap cabin. Im in a wheelchair full time so I have to have a wheelchair accessible room. Carnival has two different types of accessible cabins. Did your cabin have a step up into the bathroom? If so, thats what they call modified. Their wheelchair accessible cabins have plenty of room

• 7 months later...
Room 1040 is not a handicapped room according to plans on another site. And it does not look like the interior rooms that are handicapped are equipped to handle 3 people unless it is maybe room 1001 on the front of the ship. It has a sofa and king bed with handicapped bathroom. The best thing to do is call Carnival in the morning and ask to speak to the Special Needs department. They are really great about helping you organize what you will need.

Yes call Carnival up about the assessible cabin...as my friends who are handicapped booked on the Paradise, and was told the certain cabin was handicapped assessible, and it was not...and for three people in that cabin, did not work out for us at all...so better be safe, and call Special Needs Department..