Best things to do in Antigua

sparky.mi

Will be going to Antigua in Feb and not sure what to do there. I know it is full of beaches but what is the best for drinks, food and just having fun.. thanks

Check out the ports of call boards.. you will have better luck there.. this thread will probably move there as well..;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122

Will be going to Antigua in Feb and not sure what to do there. I know it is full of beaches but what is the best for drinks, food and just having fun.. thanks

The main industry on the island is tourism, and NOBODY wants to do anything that would hurt it. You are perfectly safe there. Hire a taxi to take you all around the island (cost about $10pp). They will take you to some great places and wait for you to get out and look around. DON'T forget your camera. This is a beautiful island. Things to see are the shipyards, the ruins of the old fort, the governor's "mansion", and some of the old sugar cane ovens.

I will 2nd the "visit the Antigua Port of Call" suggestion.

Do some reading and find out what excursions/options are out there, depending on your preferences.

Since 5 of the 6 ports on Victory were New To Us, I booked independent island tours in them all. For Antigua, we booked with Gordon (there's a long thread on the POC board about Lawrence or Gordon).

The two stops with the best beaches were Barbados and Antigua, imo, but I'm not really a beach person. If you click on my name, you can find threads I've started and can read the Antigua portion of my Victory review. I try to cover the excursions in depth.

Best tour and beach to do in antigua is nelsons dockyard and shirley heights,then ask taxi to take you to church valley beach you will have a fantastic day to remember, the beach is post card perfect and there is a bar for food and drinks.

Are you trying to escape the michigan cold too? we are also going to antigua in feb and are considering halfmoon bay. I would pass on jolly beach. We stayed there a couple of years ago and were very disappointed. Not worth even $60 pp.

We were just there in December for Christmas. Eli's Circumnavigate tour was the best we've taken in 13 cruises. The speed satisfied the teenagers, the snorkeling and pristine beach with perfect sand, sun and waves pleased the adults, and the lunch pleased us all. A little spendy but worth every dime.

We were just there in December for Christmas. Eli's Circumnavigate tour was the best we've taken in 13 cruises. The speed satisfied the teenagers, the snorkeling and pristine beach with perfect sand, sun and waves pleased the adults, and the lunch pleased us all. A little spendy but worth every dime.

We loved it - that boat is a blast. I went and got a couple of clips off of youtube for folks to look at

and
The second one is the beach stop, and very short.

DH and I went with Creole Cruises this past October. We took their lobster lunch cruise. You can google their name for the website. It was so much fun that we plan to go on another excursion with them in August, and we have guests coming with us. Great value for the price, and one of the best days on our cruise. There are several reviews in the Antigua forum, so do a search on their name there. You can't go wrong with them.

DH and I went with Creole Cruises this past October. We took their lobster lunch cruise. You can google their name for the website. It was so much fun that we plan to go on another excursion with them in August, and we have guests coming with us. Great value for the price, and one of the best days on our cruise. There are several reviews in the Antigua forum, so do a search on their name there. You can't go wrong with them.

We are thinking about doing this excursion when we cruise in May. Heard alot of good things about it.

We did Elis Echo Tour on our last cruise to Antigua and it was a great excursion.

Archived