Need help in selecting a new camera

arlenez

Hi:

We will be cruising to the Baltics and Norwegian Fjords next month and I am thinking about buying a new camera for this cruise. I presently am using a Fuji FX30 and I love the camera, but I want one with a bigger lens for better zooming. I want an easy to use (point and shoot) camera and would love some advice from anyone out there who has an easy to use camera. Does anyone own the Panasonic FZ38? I saw on another thread that someone bought one because they also wanted a bigger lens.

Thanks,

Arlene

Personally I would go for the Nikon SLR digital cameras that are resemble a 35 mm and have interchangeable lenses. I have one and it takes awesome pictures. I usually use it on autofocus and I can't wait to use it on my norweign fjords cruise this summer. I wil be using a zoom up to 200 ft for this cruise. I am a Nikon person but I am sure Cannon cameras are jsut as well. The downsize is it does not fit in your pocket but can't beat the pictures.

I spent 20+ years carting around a Minolta SLR and lens (favourite was a 35-150mm zoom). However it weighed in excess of 3 kilos and that wasn't including the flash, not to mention that it didn't exactly fit in your purse when out in the evening. I now have a Canon Powershot and it does almost everything my trusty old SLR did without the weight and bulk. It has a screen that you can tilt and turn around (for when it there is too much glare to see it and also taking self timed shots). Also has a traditional viewfinder too (sometimes it is hard to see the screen in really bright sunlight). has a great easy to use zoom and bulk of photos can be taken on the auto programme. Also has easy to use other programmes for portraits, night scenes etc.

Purchased this easy to use camera befor our trip, lots of setings or just point and shot with 12.1 megapixel

my favorite feature is the PANORAMA feature where you can take a 180 degree shot. very impressive, and useful on large landscapes.

good luck

Purchased this easy to use camera befor our trip, lots of setings or just point and shot with 12.1 megapixel

my favorite feature is the PANORAMA feature where you can take a 180 degree shot. very impressive, and useful on large landscapes.

good luck

Hi:

I just came home after buying this camera and received your message. I am charging the battery right now. It looks like a great camera.

Thanks & regards,

Arlene

Archived