MSC shuttle bus!

Msscooterpop

You cruise to Sint-Petersburg, right? I was on the Lirica last year (also operating from Amsterdam). At our cruise, the only ports in which MSC offered shuttlebusses were Bremerhaven, and Göteborg. In Bremerhaven, everything went fine, however, we walked to town. In Göteborg, it was horrible. The ship was located far from anything, so we bought tickets for a shuttlebus at 12 euro's each. They put us in bus 9, there were 12 busses. However, only two showed up, and it was a mess. We've been waiting and waiting, but we didn't see Göteborg. Moreover, at the end of the cruise, we had some trouble getting our money back!

So hopefully for you, it will be better this time. But my advise; try to find out were the ship will be located. If that's somewhere far from the city, look up the number of a taxi-service, just in case.

--edit--

I looked it up for you, and found the following text on http://www.rostock-port.de This site had some calls listed for the Opera, so you will go here.

The Rostock city centre is only a 25-minute train ride away (‘S-Bahn’ train). The train station is located only 5 minutes away from the Warnemünde Cruise Center. Travelling by car, the city centre is likewise only a 25-minute drive via the city expressway B103.

So you're definitely not in the city centre.

Archived