Boston "Shuttle"

BND

I've seen some vague mentions of a shuttle from the Boston Pier to downtown, but can't find anything concrete. We're in Boston next month on Anthem of the Seas and only want to go into Boston (Faneuil Hall area) and walk around. We can walk from the ship to it, but if there's a shuttle, it would be nice to know. So, what is the deal? Is there a shuttle? I wanted to book the HOHO trolley, but it's sold out for our date.

I've seen some vague mentions of a shuttle from the Boston Pier to downtown, but can't find anything concrete. We're in Boston next month on Anthem of the Seas and only want to go into Boston (Faneuil Hall area) and walk around. We can walk from the ship to it, but if there's a shuttle, it would be nice to know. So, what is the deal? Is there a shuttle? I wanted to book the HOHO trolley, but it's sold out for our date.

We've sailed on the 4th of July on the Cunard QM2 to the Black Falcon Terminal many times and always had shuttle buses available to us and they took us directly to Boston's Faneuil Hall Area.

This was also the pickup point to take the bus back to the pier.

Hope it's setup for all cruise lines to transport their passengers to the Midtown Area. It was very convenient and great service to rely on.

Bon Voyage and Enjoy Boston!

What is your exact date and port times? If you're 2 people, Uber might be a reasonable alternative. If you get off on Atlantic Ave northbound at the Aquarium, you are a short walk into Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall without paying for the lights and narrow streets to get just a bit closer. To return to the port, walk out to Atlantic Ave southbound to meet an Uber.

We've sailed on the 4th of July on the Cunard QM2 to the Black Falcon Terminal many times and always had shuttle buses available to us and they took us directly to Boston's Faneuil Hall Area.

This was also the pickup point to take the bus back to the pier.

Hope it's setup for all cruise lines to transport their passengers to the Midtown Area. It was very convenient and great service to rely on.

Bon Voyage and Enjoy Boston!

Did the ship let you know there was a shuttle? Was it marked as a shuttle or what? I would think the city of Boston would run it for all ships if for no other reason it gets people into downtown to spend money. Was it free?

We've been to Boston before (36 years ago lol) and have seen Bunker Hill and the USS Constitution among other things, but wanted to spend some time around the Faneuil Hall area.

What is your exact date and port times? If you're 2 people, Uber might be a reasonable alternative. If you get off on Atlantic Ave northbound at the Aquarium, you are a short walk into Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall without paying for the lights and narrow streets to get just a bit closer. To return to the port, walk out to Atlantic Ave southbound to meet an Uber.

We're in Boston on 20 Oct and we have considered Uber or a taxi, but if we decide not to walk, it would be nice to know about the shuttle which is why I asked.

October 20th is the Head of the Charles Regatta. It might be a bit busy in Boston that day.

Can't exactly do anything about it. We still plan to go into downtown. Just trying to get factual information about a possible shuttle. That's all I'm asking for.

We're in Boston on 20 Oct and we have considered Uber or a taxi, but if we decide not to walk, it would be nice to know about the shuttle which is why I asked.

We are in port on the 20th as well - on the Zuiderdam. Sounds like a crowded port and town!

Can't exactly do anything about it. We still plan to go into downtown. Just trying to get factual information about a possible shuttle. That's all I'm asking for.

I am sailing from Boston this Sunday on Serenade and Anthem is there on a port day. I'll see what I can find out.

As I used to live in the Boston area, I would recommend taking a water taxi. They pick up at Black Falcon and will drop off in a lot of locations (hotels, restaurants and tourist sites) along the waterfront. Check out: http://www.roweswharfwatertransport.com/.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's a pricey option. $25 round trip pp from Black Falcon.

It used to be less.

Rates

One Way Ticket - Boston Inner Harbor $12.00

Round Trip Ticket - Boston Inner Harbor $20.00

One Way Ticket - Boston Inner Harbor (Includes Luggage Storage)$20.00

Round Trip Ticket - Boston Inner Harbor (Includes Luggage Storage)$28.00

One Way Ticket - Charlestown or Black Falcon $15

Round Trip Ticket - Charlestown or Black Falcon $25

Cruise Ship Special $25.00

We are in port on the 20th as well - on the Zuiderdam. Sounds like a crowded port and town!

Well, that does help explain why the HOHO trolley is sold out. Walking is still our plan, but a backup for weather will probably be a taxi. I'm sure it's cheaper than the water taxi.

Well, that does help explain why the HOHO trolley is sold out. Walking is still our plan, but a backup for weather will probably be a taxi. I'm sure it's cheaper than the water taxi.

You might enjoy the Harborwalk - https://www.google.com/search?q=biston+harborwalk+map&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgrc=_hIAoFVXhwwt6M:

This can be accessed from Northern Avenue - pedestrian bridge across the Fort Point Channel with stairs onto the waterfront walkway.

We (two easily confused senior citizens along with their 3 grandkids) took the Silverline bus ($2.50 each) from the cruise port to South Station and from there changed to Redline underground train before hopping off at Boston Commons. Simple and cheap and as the bus, shortly after leaving the pier goes underground, it was so much faster and convenient that taking a cab. However, be aware that the bus requires exact change,

• Like 1

Lynncarol, thanks for these specifics. I always try for city buses where available, but hadn't had time to research this yet.

The SilverLine is an unusual city bus. As mentioned by lynncarol it runs on LPA gas on city streets in the Seaport District. At Silver Line Way it is changed over to an electric trackless Trolley and runs underground to South Station where you follow the signs for a free transfer to the Red Line Subway direction Alewife. The next stop is Downtown Crossing, which is the closest stop to Faneuil Hall (.4 miles walking). The following stop is Park St. which is the Boston Common. Fare is $2.75

• Like 1