Virgin Voyages releases video of what their first “Lady Ship” will look like

cksv

I have to confess, I'm a little disappointed. There was so much hype from Virgin about their ship being unlike anything else in the industry, and Branson himself bragged about the vertical bow shape (inspired by mega-yachts) as distinguishing the ship as different. By the time these ships debut in 2020, however, there will be a dozen others that look like this from MSC, Carnival, Celebrity, Aida, NCL, P&O, and Costa. And the aft shape does look a lot like MSC Seaside and NCL Leonardo...both also built by Fincantieri. Maybe this Virgin design was innovative when they first sketched it out 3 years ago, but the competition has already caught up with them.

So, it looks like Virgin will need to distinguish itself with innovative interior designs, facilities, and entertainment. Being adult only is a good start. I wish them luck. The industry needs more diverse offerings.

• 6 months later...

I have to say I like the fact that the ships will be adult only that is certainly different. From what I saw last night or early this morning, the design looks similar to the MSC Seaside & it also has a Celebrity Edge look to it too.

It will be interesting to see prices & itineraries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums