Would LOVE some insight, thank you.

Amouramour

This July, 2018, I am going on my 1st cruise ever on Carnival Sensation, with my boyfriend. I am deeply excited, however, after gaining about 40 ibs due to a medication that I am now no longer taking (thank God) I am beyond self conscious about being at the beach/pool in a suit, sigh. My diet is extremely healthy and I work out every day without fail doing cardio and lifting, but I’m far from where I would like my body to be. My boyfriend looks like a borderline fitness model so I’m naturally a little worried about how I will look in comparison to him. :( He has been helping me SO much with my clean diet and working out (He is beyond supportive) but this weight gain is so new to me as I’ve always loved the way I looked, that I am very very down about this. Feeling very insecure and even dreading the cruise just slightly. I just imagine seeing gorgeous women with perfect bodies and feeling like my boyfriend would rather be there with them. Yes, extremely insecure on my part. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar and how they got through it. Thank you so much.

You just need to approach it with this attitude: you are going to be on the boat with a few thousand people. You are never going to see them again once it is over. No one has a perfect body, let alone the people you will see on your cruise. "Let it all hang out" takes on a whole new meaning once you've been on a cruise -- because they do, and a lot of them shouldn't.

Enjoy yourself and enjoy the time with your boyfriend. Other people's opinions are their problems.

Fear not. You will see body styles from Kate Moss to Roseanne Barr. You will fit right in whether you weigh 90lbs or 290lbs.

And if your boyfriend is the type who makes you feel insecure by staring at other women, well that speaks volumes about him...

I know how you feel and it is very easy for people to say don't worry about it. You will find all shorts of shapes and size at the pool, some in 1 piece suits, some in a tankini and some in bikinis. I usually start with a tankini and then realize my guy only has eyes for me and he is ok with my body and by day 2 I am in my bikini and enjoying myself. Do what makes you feel comfortable, and remember he loves you.

I believe this is always true of both Carnival Cruise Lines and Planet Fitness:

No matter how out of shape you think you are, there's going to be someone there in worse shape than you.

No need to worry, enjoy your cruise!

Ok, so I am not a young thing and have not been thin since I had my first child 34 years ago. That being said I am still self conscious about how I look. On a cruise I always go out of my way to try to look extra good by the clothes I wear and the way I fix myself up. Bottom line when I cruise I actually feel better about myself. If you are sure your man loves you trust that love. Question... would you care how he looked if the rolls were reversed?

First of all you will see that no matter what size no one cares when your cruising. I picked up weight from medication and an illness and I just got swimwear that was more flattering to my new body and still was out there like no care in the world. Don't worry.

You'll be fine. There are all sizes of people on the cruise ship. And you know what they are thinking about anyway....How they aren't at work, how they want to stay there forever...

You are the last thing on their mind. It you're feeling anxious, just order a pina colada from the next server that passes by. Enough of those and you won't care either. ;P

What surprised me most when I went on my first cruise was how many chubby men and women hung out at the pool. I’m talking 200-300 lb people. I’m not putting them down, I was so happy for them that they didn’t let their size keep them from having fun. :) I was just picturing Ken and Barbie types by the pool and it made me worry. I thought I’d stick out like a sore thumb. But it’s not like that at all. Lots of body types all over the ship. You’ll do fine. And let your boyfriend know how you feel so he can have your back and make you feel less insecure. Good luck!

I know how you feel. I went on my first cruise after gaining a decent amount of weight. BUT I still lounged by the pool, I still swam in the ocean and in the moment I didnt feel insecure about it. I bought 2 new swimsuits that I loved right before we went and that helped. (I would suggest to spend more than you normally would on a swimsuite that you love. Also, I dont know what size you are, but Torrid has super cute swim suites!) Also I would remind myself that although I know I am not the best looking person on the beach I am also not the worst. I also would remind myself that I will never see any of those people again so why does it matter! Celebrate you, YOU are worth it! Enjoy your cruise and I hope you can relax, unwind, and have fun!

I’ve never been the skinny girl, try as I may. But I have never, ever cared if someone was going to judge me. I’m gonna swim, go down the slide, snorkel, paddle board, kayak, whatever I want and I don’t care what anyone says.

Over a dozen cruises and I'm still waiting to see my first super model on a cruise ship. :-)

I say that mostly in jest (though it's true), but you will fit in no matter your body type. In fact, if you are only 40 lbs overweight you may be among the more fit on a cruise ship. Go, enjoy, fret not. :-)

Expecting “gorgeous women with perfect bodies” is a sure sign you are a Carnival rookie. [emoji41]

Just go as you are, enjoy yourself, and worry not what others may think. Sounds like you are doing well working through your challenges, and you should be proud of where you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok, so I am not a young thing and have not been thin since I had my first child 34 years ago. That being said I am still self conscious about how I look. On a cruise I always go out of my way to try to look extra good by the clothes I wear and the way I fix myself up. Bottom line when I cruise I actually feel better about myself. If you are sure your man loves you trust that love. Question... would you care how he looked if the rolls were reversed?
Pun intended? Seriously, there is no reason to worry. If everyone had a perfect body, the hairy chest contest wouldn't be as fun.

Ha! A rookie for sure! That’s so funny. ;) Thank You!!! I am loving all of the encouragement!!

Expecting “gorgeous women with perfect bodies” is a sure sign you are a Carnival rookie. [emoji41]

Just go as you are, enjoy yourself, and worry not what others may think. Sounds like you are doing well working through your challenges, and you should be proud of where you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much!!

You just need to approach it with this attitude: you are going to be on the boat with a few thousand people. You are never going to see them again once it is over. No one has a perfect body, let alone the people you will see on your cruise. "Let it all hang out" takes on a whole new meaning once you've been on a cruise -- because they do, and a lot of them shouldn't.

Enjoy yourself and enjoy the time with your boyfriend. Other people's opinions are their problems.

This July, 2018, I am going on my 1st cruise ever on Carnival Sensation, with my boyfriend. I am deeply excited, however, after gaining about 40 ibs due to a medication that I am now no longer taking (thank God) I am beyond self conscious about being at the beach/pool in a suit, sigh. My diet is extremely healthy and I work out every day without fail doing cardio and lifting, but I’m far from where I would like my body to be. My boyfriend looks like a borderline fitness model so I’m naturally a little worried about how I will look in comparison to him. :( He has been helping me SO much with my clean diet and working out (He is beyond supportive) but this weight gain is so new to me as I’ve always loved the way I looked, that I am very very down about this. Feeling very insecure and even dreading the cruise just slightly. I just imagine seeing gorgeous women with perfect bodies and feeling like my boyfriend would rather be there with them. Yes, extremely insecure on my part. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar and how they got through it. Thank you so much.

Ok, I've changed the wording a bit ... but the first part is true. Because, and I do NOT mean this to be hurtful in anyway, but nobody is watching. Everyone is busy on their own vacation or worrying about their own shape, size or clothing. ENJOY your cruise. With all the work you are doing, you will lose even more before you leave. Hopefully that will make you feel better.

"Cruise like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."

You’re amazing! Thank you for this!!!

I got over this when we went to Hawaii and I saw beautiful 300 pound women in bikinis.

Girl, you rock whatever body you bring to the beach. It’s a head game. Be on your own team.

If you are sure your man loves you trust that love. Question... would you care how he looked if the rolls were reversed?

Pun intended? Seriously, there is no reason to worry. If everyone had a perfect body, the hairy chest contest wouldn't be as fun.

(y)

:')

I didn't even see that.

You boyfriend loves you the way you are. Being insecure and self-conscious brings you down. You must get confident abut yourself knowing you are working on your body. You are the same person whether you weigh 100 or 200. Now that the pep talk is done...sit out around the pool and watch the other passengers. You will no long be self conscious at all. I see women over 200 lb. in a bikini having a great time! No one is going to judge you but yourself. Relax and have a great time!