Recommendations for reusable wet bag

spudicusrex

In the next few months, I will be visiting Florida twice and going on a Caribbean cruise so I'm in need of a reusable bag to store my damp swimsuit when I need to pack it before it's dry. I would also use it when going to the gym for a swim. I had one before but it was terrible and would leak even when the suit wasn't terribly wet.

Does anyone have a reusable bag (non-ziploc) that they recommend?

We have several dry bags (bought ages ago for sailing trips) Might be overkill for your needs (why not ziploc?) On the other hand, I've seen pretty cheap dry bags in the Walmart camping section, so maybe it is something that might work for you.

https://www.rei.com/search.html?q=dry+bags&origin=web&ir=q%3Adry+bags&page=1

Zip locs...why buy something else?? They have large sizes,, if your suit isn't a bikini or speedo!

I prefer to rinse off in my suit, let it become almost dry ON me...then it's easy to let it finish drying in the cabin.

Try baby wet bags! As a mom to three young kids, I find reusable wetbags indispensable.

I have an "itsy ritzy" large reusable zippered bag that was under $20 that I've been using for 5 years.

Just yesterday, I put my daughter's went swimsuit in it and threw it in the diaper backpack and forgot about it til I read this post...just checked and the wetness has not leaked through for 24hrs.

Some other brands are skip hop, bumkins and thirsties. Do a search for "baby wet bags" and you can probably find them on Amazon.

They don't come in baby designs, the one we have is a white background with a blue and green pattern that I'd use for myself. Skip hop wet bags are even trendier looking.

They come in all sizes, the large ones are about the size of a large gallon size ziploc.

Thanks for all the replies! I appreciate everyone's suggestions.

Cheese sandwich - That's exactly what I'm looking for! It never occurred to me to look for baby wet bags, but it totally makes sense.

For those asking - I like to minimize the amount of single-use things that I use. No judgment if that's not your thing. But that's why I was looking for something reusable.

For those asking - I like to minimize the amount of single-use things that I use. No judgment if that's not your thing. But that's why I was looking for something reusable.

I have travel ziplocs that stay in suitcases that have been used for ages ;-) And at home, I have reusable silicone "ziplocs". But for travel, the dry bags I have are more durable....and lighter, and in different sizes. For "regular" travel, I tend just to bring my small one for my camera and phone if it's wet out....

Thanks for all the replies! I appreciate everyone's suggestions.

Cheese sandwich - That's exactly what I'm looking for! It never occurred to me to look for baby wet bags, but it totally makes sense.

No judgment at all, and that makes perfect sense. I do the same thing. I just didn't know if you had an aversion to something that zips closed, or what the issue was. The clarification helps with suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are flying home with a wet suit wrap it in a dry micro towel after you try to remove extra moisture. My sister put her wet suit into a wet bag after a morning swim and headed to the airport. TSA pulled her aside because water had pooled to the bottom of the bag and exceed liquid limits. She shared the story because I had just given her the wet bag to her for her birthday. I got it a TJ Max in the spa area. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums