Allure passenger killed on zip line tour

You can see it right here, man sent 28 seconds after the last zipper, staff simply appears to be listening for the noise to stop which would have happened if the wife stalled on the line.

And even in that video.... After the man who is filming zips.... You can hear the next rider already on their way down before he's fully unclipped from the line himself! Clearly not the best practice being used.

Royal Caribbean sold the excursion. They collected the money from the now deceased passenger. They arranged for him to be transported to that zip line, and have him hooked up. You better believe they will be blamed. It's part of the territory of owning a business.

Yes to everything you posted but you will have many here arguing that everyone is responsible except RCI !

People argue against the "deep pockets" approach in lawsuits but this is a perfect example of why they are needed. Suing a Roatan zip line operation on its own would be useless. Unfortunately as the victims are Israeli, the survivor will have trouble receiving justice.

Yes to everything you posted but you will have many here arguing that everyone is responsible except RCI !

People argue against the "deep pockets" approach in lawsuits but this is a perfect example of why they are needed. Suing a Roatan zip line operation on its own would be useless. Unfortunately as the victims are Israeli, the survivor will have trouble receiving justice.

An American lawyer would not want to represent someone from outside of the country? I have a hard time believing that. Why would they have a hard time receiving justice?

Edited by A&L_Ont

The names of the victim and his wife were now released in the Israeli papers. His burial will take place tomorrow, while his wife is still hospitalized in Florida, in stable condition.

According to reports in Hebrew, the husband was "sent on the line too soon" after his wife, and, as a result, collided with her. Her being stuck at the time on the zip line is not mentioned.

The insurance company gave the report on the wife's condition.

May he rest in peace.

An American lawyer would not want to represent someone from outside of the country? I have a hard time believing that. Why would they have a hard time receiving justice?
I don't know the why's and wherefores but...

Ten years ago my uncle and Aunt took a cruise on a new ship. On the first night she sat on a deck chair. A screw stuck out and gouged her thigh. The ship doctor sewed her up but the cruise was ruined.

She told her story to a personal injury lawyer who was very interested until she told him she was Canadian . It was a very short conversation after that. The crux was , sorry , maybe you can sue in Canadian courts.

I don't know why. They were told the same thing by another lawyer later. Perhaps a non American on a non US flagged ship outside US territorial waters can't use American courts.

Edited by richstowe

I don't know the why's and wherefores but...

Ten years ago my uncle and Aunt took a cruise on a new ship. On the first night she sat on a deck chair. A screw stuck out and gouged her thigh. The ship doctor sewed her up but the cruise was ruined.

She told her story to a personal injury lawyer who was very interested until she told him she was Canadian . It was a very short conversation after that. The crux was , sorry , maybe you can sue in Canadian courts.

I don't know why. They were told the same thing by another lawyer later. Perhaps a non American on a non US flagged ship outside US territorial waters can't use American courts.

I am sorry that you Aunt was injured. For the stitches being required it must have been bad enough.

It sounds to me like a few stitches on a Canadian are not enough to entice a lawyer, for the extra over the border work/hassle, compared to a loss of life case. I’m fairly certain (99.9%) that anyone can launch a case, just where you live makes it easier. It is stated somewhere, possibly the cruise docs if I remember, that all lawsuits are to occur in the Miami district. My guess is the lawyers were too lazy to deal with an international case with a small payout. I would suspect with a loss of life case that they will be lining up for the chance to take it on. They will get a much better payout, not to finish was happened to your aunt.

Hopefully Aquahound will chime in on the legal aspects of both situations.