Bed placements Oasis/Allure

molly361

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone know why the rooms are stagger and not just one placement like the cabins on Voyager and Freedom class?

Just a guess, but I suspect they can fit in more staterooms staggered.

Anyone know why the rooms are stagger and not just one placement like the cabins on Voyager and Freedom class?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The rooms are not rectangular. They have a narrow and wider end. By alternating them they get more cabins into the ship.

Just a guess, but I suspect they can fit in more staterooms staggered.

The rooms are not rectangular. They have a narrow and wider end. By alternating them they get more cabins into the ship.

I also believe in addition to the above it makes the cabin more functional and easier to navigate through as the wider section is where the bed is which allows a wider space to pass by its end. Also having the narrow section where the sofa is makes that narrow section less noticeable unless it is a opened sofa bed.

That's the reason the regular bed is next to the bathroom in Quantum and Oasis class sofa bed balcony cabins, so as to not have the out sofa bed hinder the passage of those using the regular bed especially during the night time and in emergencies..

I also believe in addition to the above it makes the cabin more functional and easier to navigate through as the wider section is where the bed is which allows a wider space to pass by its end. Also having the narrow section where the sofa is makes that narrow section less noticeable unless it is a opened sofa bed.

That's the reason the regular bed is next to the bathroom in Quantum and Oasis class sofa bed balcony cabins, so as to not have the out sofa bed hinder the passage of those using the regular bed especially during the night time and in emergencies..

The wider section is where the bed is located because it won't even fit in the narrow section of the cabin.

Allure 10662/10664 - where is the bed in each room thank you in advance!!

I believe closet and balcony, respectively. 10662 adjoins, but does not connect, to a suite. Great location right at the aft elevators! Have a wonderful time on this amazing ship!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The wider section is where the bed is located because it won't even fit in the narrow section of the cabin.

Actually the bed would likely fit in the narrow section of Anthem and Oasis class balcony cabins if the desk wasn't there but there would be very little space to pass by its bottom end.

Below is a shot of one of the six balcony cabins we had on our six Anthem cruises. That cabin was about 16" wider at the bed than where the sofa was. This you can see this when comparing both outside sides of the closet between the bed and sofa.

I would guess it to be two feet wide between the end of the bed and the wall in that wider part so that would leave about 8" between the bed and wall if the bed was in the narrow part of the cabin.

Now if the cabin had a rectangular layout with the same length and area there would be about 16" between the end of the bed and the wall which is still a little on the tight side. We've had about that width of the bed passing space on a few of our cruises and it was tight to get by the bed.

1785573157_P3131733(600x450).jpg.26248758c677e5812c5606f3342eae8b.jpg

Edited by robtulipe