Allure - Plastic Straws

js

Hi.

Not getting into a debate and understand the need for phasing out plastic straws but I am asking if abyone that has recently been on Allure can confirm if you are still getting plastic staws with their drinks?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When they decide not to use plastic they will replace them with the paper type...you certainly don't need to bring your own.

Thank you. Once they go to paper I will bring my own. My iced coffee takes quite a while for me to finish and the staws get mushy same for frozen drinks but Im going to roll the dice and keep my staws at home for next month lol

Just off the Majesty this morning. Plenty of plastic straws. Seems some of our drinks even came with straws.

Frozen drinks came with a straw. Bloody Mary came with a straw.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Thank you. Once they go to paper I will bring my own. My iced coffee takes quite a while for me to finish and the staws get mushy same for frozen drinks but Im going to roll the dice and keep my staws at home for next month lol

We are bringing our own next month and again in December. I have no desire to drink my Bloody Mary's with a paper straw.

I certainly don't like to carry around the drink cups when onboard...and not going to carry around my own reusable straw either .... so if paper is the option ... fine with me.

Thank you all again. I am happy I came back to this thread since after I looked yesterday, I was not going to bring my staws but today, Im adding them to my luggage. Thank you all again!!

Anthem last week had sign saying only available on request except for frozen drinks.

Same on Symphony in April, but the drinks came with sturdy paper ones anyway. They didn't seem to get soft and squidgy, but maybe I'm just a fast drinker!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi.

Not getting into a debate and understand the need for phasing out plastic straws but I am asking if abyone that has recently been on Allure can confirm if you are still getting plastic staws with their drinks?

Thank you.

fcfc1002e8d11de616ffca29bbded3ae.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...

I thought this debate ended last month? Guess it's back. I understand the importance of cutting down on waste. There are many things that I see that I believe should be cut out. Like packaging. It seems like every time something gets less wasteful, something new is added. The debate is really about the fear of germs today. I grew up, drinking out of cups, and water hoses, and water fountains and I'm still going strong. The world will not end if straws are removed.