Current shows on Allure

TEGL

We are sail on the Allure in about 2 months and I am trying to book our shows and wondering which ones are the "must see" ones. I know Mama Mia and OceanAria are on our list and i will probably book the Ocean on twice just in the event we miss one or it gets canceled for weather .... but I am wondering about the others. Anyone know what the headliner shows is? or how is Blue Plant and the Monopoly on Ice shows are?

And there was me thinking that this thread was about footwear.

In all seriousness I don't think that unless things have changed you will be able to make multiple bookings for one show.

Should one be cancelled for whatever reason they will probably re book you later on the cruise.

The ice shows are definitely worth seeing.

We really enjoyed Mamma Mia, saw it twice (once booked and once standby), we really liked Blue Planet, the water show we'd reserved was cancelled but we did catch part of it at a later show. The only show I did not enjoy was the ice show, I usually love these and have seen them more than once on other ships, but, this one, there was not much of a theme/story.

And there was me thinking that this thread was about footwear.

In all seriousness I don't think that unless things have changed you will be able to make multiple bookings for one show.

Should one be cancelled for whatever reason they will probably re book you later on the cruise.

The ice shows are definitely worth seeing.

The current shoes are the right one and the left one!!! [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Forums mobile app

Allure has very good shows. There are better ice shows than Allure's but it is still worth seeing. The secondary ice show "How to Train Your Dragon" I think is much better than the main ice show. No reservations are needed for this show. Mamma Mia an OceanAria are not to be missed for me.

And yes, you cannot reserve different times for the same show. So if you want to go twice you will have to go standby.

Book Oceanaria early in the cruise. First day if you can. If it gets cancelled, you will automatically be rebooked for a later show.

If a show is on, and you don’t have a seat, you can watch it from the boardwalk area. You can’t see as much but it is still fun to watch.

If Seas are rough or it is windy, shows will be cancelled for safety.

I agree about the ice show in that it is fun to watch but no story line as such. They told the dice and another skating performance happens. Loosely connected to the monopoly board. Still colorful and fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are sail on the Allure in about 2 months and I am trying to book our shows and wondering which ones are the "must see" ones. ...

Why not go to them all and decide for yourself?

I noticed my title mishap after i hit submit ..... why can we not edit :(

I realized after I posted that I cant book a show more than once. Now Im just trying to figure out what to book and maybe what to skip. We will be traveling with our 4yo (who has autism and ADHD) so we will have to attend the shows once he passes out as he would never be able to sit through a 45 min - hour show. I am hoping and praying he will be so taken in my the Aqua show we will be able to watch that one cause it seems as if they go earlier in the evening and because we will be on EST he will be far from tired Day 1 @ the 2215 show (he will still be on California time). So just trying to figure out logistic of it all.

Maybe Ill look at skipping the Monopoly ice show. We tried to see the Ice show when on Oasis a few years ago and were not very impressed with it. I only have boys so the How to Train Your Dragon ice show I think I would love ... because I love that movie.

We're a show family so we went to them all. Loved Mamma Mia and Aqua show. The ice show was very impressive too. Blue Planet is different, and my husband's reaction alone of 'what on earth is this' was enough to go, but I still say go. Our headliner sang older songs so not my thing, but we still went (and my 6 year old loved it). My husband didn't love the comedy but that just depends who you get.

Oh, and if you have kid don't forget the daytime shows...Dreamworks Aqua show and Ice show.

So for me...I say go to them all, but depends on how much you love shows.

Agree with most others here -

OceanAria should not be missed

Mama Mia was incredible (my teenage boys even loved it)

Blue Planet was very good

Monopoly on ice was pretty bad, the best part was during a break in the ice skating and a performer was using hula hoops suspended from the ceiling to do some incredible tricks.

You can edit your post for about 20 minutes after you post.

Didn't know if you can edit the title of the thread? :confused:

Guess I never tried it...just the posts.

But I am guessing Bob stepped in here to change the title?

We're a show family so we went to them all. Loved Mamma Mia and Aqua show. The ice show was very impressive too. Blue Planet is different, and my husband's reaction alone of 'what on earth is this' was enough to go, but I still say go. Our headliner sang older songs so not my thing, but we still went (and my 6 year old loved it). My husband didn't love the comedy but that just depends who you get.

Oh, and if you have kid don't forget the daytime shows...Dreamworks Aqua show and Ice show.

So for me...I say go to them all, but depends on how much you love shows.

Wait, what! Dreamworks Aqua and Ice show? Where do I find the information for that!! I would love to take him didnt even know they offered that. We just have known about the parade.