How do you communicate onboard a cruise (with your kids, friends etc)?

Hi cruisers

I'm curious...

What's the main way you keep in touch with your family and friends (who are also on the ship with you)?

A. the cruise line's free mobile phone app

B. we use our phones to call/text $$$

C. walkie talkies

D. message board/note in the cabin, on the door

E. we arrange a meeting spot at a certain time each day

F. we wing it/no communication/just find each other

G. we never leave each other's side

H. other (carrier pigeon/smoke signal/flare/drone/skywriting/family butler etc).

Thanks!

Depending on the cruise, we do a mix of

D.

E. (Mostly at dinner time & some times lunch, depending on what's on),

F.

and

H., Some times I will Phone the cabin and leave a message (if the ship lets you do that) or ask if they want me to bring something back to the cabin.

DH and I decided to send messages via the Princess app on our last cruise. If we were doing a different activity to the other we were to message once the activity was finished and where to meet. All good, except DH wouldn't check the app for my messages!

Usually if DH was not in one of our normal meeting places I would head back to the cabin and wait for him.

Leigh

If our plans change we may duck back to the cabin and leave a note. Or wait for the other, we know if on3 isn’t where planned check the cabin.

By the same token most ships aren’t that big that you can’t find each other.

We alsways take a block of post it notes for this purpose

Usually F or H If they are adults. We usually know what activities will attract each other and just wander around till we find each other. If not then note on door or in cabin.

However with Grandkids we packed them off to Kids Clubs but somehow they always seem to find us no matter where we hide :(

Amazing/funny the number of people who seem to be wandering the ships looking for each other. Have you seen so and so? - no - but then I bump into their other halves looking for them :D

Most of the time DW and I will be together. But if not, she will likely find me in the Schooner Bar or on the balcony, in both instances with a beer :)

When we travel with others, typically there are loose arrangements, but we mostly seem to find one another.

Have used all from C to H (our H was phoning the stateroom)

On our next cruise we are going to try A but B is too expensive for us will Roaming or wifi costs.

Otherwise we sort of know which places to check for eacj other.

Cheers

Hi cruisers

I'm curious...

What's the main way you keep in touch with your family and friends (who are also on the ship with you)?

A. the cruise line's free mobile phone app

B. we use our phones to call/text $$$

C. walkie talkies

D. message board/note in the cabin, on the door

E. we arrange a meeting spot at a certain time each day

F. we wing it/no communication/just find each other

G. we never leave each other's side

H. other (carrier pigeon/smoke signal/flare/drone/skywriting/family butler etc).

Thanks!

Hi Louise, Hope all is well.

My wife and I are normally doing things together but in the case of friends and family not in our stateroom we use the following.

It does depend on the cruise as and if we all have internet. It also depends on if it is a sea day or a port day.

But generally when these things are not available we use a combination of :

A) the ship's phone app and or H) the stateroom phone with message.;

E) A meeting place/time - this is usually the morning Trivia (around 10am) and also around 5pm at a bar for pre dinner drinks.

F) Wing it/no communication - our friends know us enough to realise that we are never too far away from the next Trivia session.

We usually know each others plans but failing that a check of the cabin or on the top most open deck ,that has a bar, cheers Buzz.

Same with us. We only sail on small ships, so that nmakes it easier to find each other when we get separated.