Thomson Discovery I Junior Suite

Hi. I'm new to cruising and have just booked a junior suite cabin 8024 deck 8 port side on the marella discovery for May next year. I'm a bit confused as to the posts on this thread - what is the overhang that may affect balcony view? And will my cabin be affected by this? Many thanks.

Hi. I'm new to cruising and have just booked a junior suite cabin 8024 deck 8 port side on the marella discovery for May next year. I'm a bit confused as to the posts on this thread - what is the overhang that may affect balcony view? And will my cabin be affected by this? Many thanks.

There's an overhang from the deck above which does not affect your view but it does tend to block the sun more than those which do not have the overhang.

The overhang doesn't affect cabins aft of 8042 port and 8542 starboard.

So 8024 will be more shady than the aft ones.

• 5 months later...

Hello, 

Please help! First timers here booked for a big birthday. Can any help with deck 9’s overhang and the shadowy balconies topic? TUI reps deny an overhang exists! Sunny balcony is very important, does the overhang effect this so we’d want to avoid being under it? I treated us to a grand suit before learning of overhang, which unfortunately all seem to be under it! Has anyone stayed in grand suit who can help? Or know if it’s worth upgrading to executive suite in the hopes of a sunny balcony in that 8001, 8003 and 8502 are just before the overhang begins. I feel tricked :(!

On 5/6/2017 at 11:02 AM, jake 26 said:

I suggest you book port side from 8044 upwards for the most sun on the outward leg to Barbados. The aft js will be facing north down to Mindelo, then east north east to Barbados whereas the port side will be facing east then south south east.

All js come with a table and 2 chairs and 1 sun. lounger.

Those port side cabins will go quickly. We booked ours several weeks ago and they were limited.

This is great information, does anyone have anything similar for the 1 week Pride of Panama cruise on the  Marella Discovery 2? 

Edited by FirstTimer122

24 minutes ago, denn1 said:

we have just come off Discovery from the middle east we had cabin no 8086 junior suite big balcony sun on balcony most of the day, we would recommend this cabin.

Thanks for the reply, your cabin was on the back, aft? Indeed I can confirm that there is definitly no overhang at the back. I’m hoping to find out about the rooms under deck 9’s overhang re balcony and sun. 

• 2 months later...