All Inclusive

Common people - The 20-30s party crowd, go on a holiday for just sun, sand and booze. Want cheap flights, cheap rooms and free drinks. The Benidorm/Ibiza crowd.

Not us sophisticated people who want to cruise to different cultures/countries and want to experience the sights and history of places.

What a naughty old sea dog you are....:evilsmile:

Somewhere to sit, in peace, is the problem on Discovery in my experience. Sadly it really is loud music everywhere you go. There was no escape on our last Discovery cruise. I was so pleased we had a balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Try the Veranda and the Glasshouse plus Bar 11 during the day. Bar 11 remains quiet until about 10.30pm before the disco. Last cruise they had a saxophonist between 7.15 and 7.45 which was OK by me!

I have seen more and more obnoxious drunks on my 21 P&O cruises than on my 20 Marella cruises. Like all ships you learn the venues to avoid. The live room can be very loud on Discovery and I gather than Marella are aware that this can be an issue with a lot of passengers.

Try the Veranda and the Glasshouse plus Bar 11 during the day. Bar 11 remains quiet until about 10.30pm before the disco. Last cruise they had a saxophonist between 7.15 and 7.45 which was OK by me!

I have seen more and more obnoxious drunks on my 21 P&O cruises than on my 20 Marella cruises. Like all ships you learn the venues to avoid. The live room can be very loud on Discovery and I gather than Marella are aware that this can be an issue with a lot of passengers.

If they are aware, why don’t they do something about it?

Somewhere to sit, in peace, is the problem on Discovery in my experience. Sadly it really is loud music everywhere you go. There was no escape on our last Discovery cruise. I was so pleased we had a balcony.

We escaped all the noise by sitting on Deck 4 - so peaceful & quiet there! Wouldn't get me back on the Discovery though!

We escaped all the noise by sitting on Deck 4 - so peaceful & quiet there! Wouldn't get me back on the Discovery though!

Doubt we will go back on Discovery either - would have to be a superb itinerary to tempt us. Our least favourite Marella ship.

looking forward to the 'noise' on Discovery ships.I'm doing a Fred Olsen cruise this year and it's like a morgue or God's waiting room. So anything that has some noise other than old people asleep in public lounges, is great for me.

looking forward to the 'noise' on Discovery ships.I'm doing a Fred Olsen cruise this year and it's like a morgue or God's waiting room. So anything that has some noise other than old people asleep in public lounges, is great for me.

Ooops expect incoming

On my last discovery cruise I overheard crew calling the Glasshouse the Glass Hospital. I can see why, some loungers reserved by 7am and full of people wrapped in blankets or towels :D

Some new cruisers where complaining that all inclusive did not include all drinks not reading the small print I suppose. The included in fare package is pretty good IMO, Ten different free wines by the glass beats P&O's meagre charged offering by a mile

For info the Has the following

Free gin

Gordons

Beefeater

Tanquery

supplement gin

Bombay Sapphire

Hendriks

free rum

Bacardi

Malibu

Captain morgan

supplement

Clatks old grog

clarks special dark

Cochaca

Mount Gay

Myers

as I drink gin with tonic and Captain Morgans exclusive cocktails made for me by Marie I have no need for the extra package

Water - not free but if you can't stand the taste from the bathroom tap fill the carafe provided with carbon filtered chilled water from the dispensers around the ship. My stewardess told me some passengers thought they were flower vases and stuck flowers in them

Doubt we will go back on Discovery either - would have to be a superb itinerary to tempt us. Our least favourite Marella ship.

Well, we said that after our last Discovery cruise but it is the itinerary that drags us back. Looking forward to the 3rd of August and we will have a balcony to escape to. As for the drinks package, I always find it more than adequate. I don’t drink much beer but if I can get a half decent whisky or g&t, I’m happy. The glass house, bye the way, is ok, but you are inside. Much nicer to be out, except for the noise of course!

Me too..... Bring on the music :evilsmile:

and dancing boys

You say that you are ding a Fred cruise this year, yet before you have gone on it you are not nice to Fred cruisers.

Fred Olsen ships do cater for the older cruiser, but it is not Gods Waiting room. I have done a few Fred trips and believe you me some of the cruisers would put youngsters to shame.

Please be careful with what you mean and say.

You say that you are ding a Fred cruise this year, yet before you have gone on it you are not nice to Fred cruisers.

Fred Olsen ships do cater for the older cruiser, but it is not Gods Waiting room. I have done a few Fred trips and believe you me some of the cruisers would put youngsters to shame.

I was on the celebration in April and horizons was full of people asleep,the bar staff said to one chap sat at the bar( awake ) this is what olsens cruises are like all the time when I worked for them. I've only been on marella so I don't know ,

I was on the celebration in April and horizons was full of people asleep,the bar staff said to one chap sat at the bar( awake ) this is what olsens cruises are like all the time when I worked for them. I've only been on marella so I don't know ,

P&O converted Venturas and Azuras main bars, changing the lounge areas into single cabins. I believe because they were not earning revenue from them as they were full of people asleep or staring into space. On P&O Oceana Tiffanies can be the same, full of people staring into space or sleeping and spending very little.

My experience of Horizons on Celebration and Spirit was that it was quiet during the day but busy in the evenings.

My recent cruise on Discovery had a larger proportion of elderly people than normal for Marella, probably because it is based in the UK, they don't spend as much money though!

I was going to book a Marella cruise for May June next year, but the prices are putting me off a bit as this is all due to Marella going all inclusive. Me and my Mother i would say are occasional drinkers not heavy so i find this a bit unfair having to pay for other people's drinking habits. Is tea, coffee, mineral water and soft drinks included in the all inclusive?

I would keep an eye on the prices, they do tend to fluctuate especially the Newcastle sailings. When comparing with other cruise lines you need to take everything into account as Marella not only include drinks but tips as well.

You say that you are doing a Fred cruise this year, yet before you have gone on it you are not nice to Fred cruisers.

My last Fred cruise was and I will report back if this one is the same.

But when you go into a lounge area in the afternoon and there isn't a spare seat and everyone is asleep. This is not only disrespectful of other guests but makes my point, they have a cabin with a bed in it. Go sleep there!!

I had fun with some older and younger people on board, don't get me wrong, you can have fun with anyone it's not about age. My point was about the number of people asleep in public areas and then I'm told to be quiet. Well, that ain't happening.

So it is like God's Waiting room IMHO and if you take offence to that term then that is an issue you have and not with my opinion, formed from past experiences.

I was going to book a Marella cruise for May June next year, but the prices are putting me off a bit as this is all due to Marella going all inclusive. Me and my Mother i would say are occasional drinkers not heavy so i find this a bit unfair having to pay for other people's drinking habits. Is tea, coffee, mineral water and soft drinks included in the all inclusive?

I have found that with a comparison with Royal Caribbean, there is still a lot to save with Marella.

Example:

A weeks cruise only in a Junior Suite on Royal is more expensive (just) than an Executive Suite (equivalent to an Owners Suite - 2 grades higher) on Marella with Flights, Drinks and Tips included. If you add these extras to Royals price then you are looking at 20% more in price (roughly).

Hi Yes tea/coffee/water and soft drinks included you do however have to pay a supplement if you require bottled water or a drink in the coffee port, but plenty of places to have a nice free cupa and the water is fine from the taps or fountains.:cool:

But when you go into a lounge area in the afternoon and there isn't a spare seat and everyone is asleep. This is not only disrespectful of other guests but makes my point, they have a cabin with a bed in it. Go sleep there!!

Maybe FO should have designated "Snooze Zones" in public areas ?

Not our experience on Fred Olsen ships. Perhaps on longer cruises as only retired people have the time to do lengthy itineraries.

Food , service and entertainment has been excellent on all our FO cruises.