Scenic Sapphire Info Needed

catswelcome

We are travelling on Scenic Sapphire August 9 cruising down the Rhone. Scenic has not (will not?) provide me with any details of our room — 334 Royal Panorama Suite. It looks much smaller than the 325 sq ft posted and from a picture they sent, not redecorated in their last refurbish.

In addition, in the limited capacity excursions, it is first-come, first-serve. I have read that they post a list and people actually get injured in the sign-up process. Not my idea of fun.

Any information would be appreciated.

Although I can't comment on your particular stateroom or ship, we did a 15 day Amsterdam to Budapest last September. I commented to my wife that with what we were paying, I had very high expectations. I can truly say Scenic exceeded them in every way. One afternoon while sipping a cold beverage we commented to the cruise director that we were having a hard time finding any hot pretzels in the villages. A short time later a tray of pretzels arrived at our table, compliments of the chef. As far as lining up for shore excursions, I've never heard of that. You can pre-book online if you like, or there was always a chance after the afternoon shore talk describing the next days tours to sign up. All very orderly, no one EVER missed getting the excursion they wanted. Scenic even went so far as to be able to secure last minute tickets to anyone wanting to see the Lipizzaner Stallions perform. This was a sold out show ( we went online and checked) and the tickets we at face value, no added charge. They even provided transportation and a guide, at no charge. We will definitely book with them again.

Cheers, and enjoy your river cruise.

Your description of the signup process for excursions did not match my memory from 2015. Maybe the process has changed but I doubt Scenic would continue a process that got passengers injured.

The room size includes the balcony so that might explain why the pictures give a smaller impression. BTW the images from Sirgym appear to show Royal Panorama Suites from ships other than Sapphire. The layout of the suites is very ship dependent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

‘Catswelcome’ where on earth did you read that! You will have been asked to complete your trip personaliser where you can pre-book two or three excursions the rest you book on board, your cruise director will explain all the choices and hand out sheets for you to choose. We have been on seven cruises with Scenic and never had a problem if fact once we had an exclusive excursion with a tour guide as no one else was interested, private car and it defiantly was worth it. We were on Sapphire the year before her refit and although I did hear she was a bit sparse at first on her return this evidently has now been rectified and I cannot believe that only part of the ship has been refurbished. Have you tried all the different countries websites to look at the suites.

The Soane and Rhône cruise was wonderful and is one I would defiantly do again. We did the Douro this year lovely people wonderful tour guide and superb food. Have a fantastic cruise. CA

Thanks everyone for their responses. I finally got verification of the Royal Panorama Suite as being approximately 300 sq ft. not the 325 as advertised in the brochure when I purchased. (This includes all exterior walls and the balcony.) Since the refit this particular suite is smaller. Hope you are correct about the signup process. We want to make friends, not push our way to the front of a line. We are looking forward to our trip down the Rhone in our somewhat smaller suite.