MSC Seaside Review 6/2-6/9 (Yacht Club)

GMS4771

Been reading lots of reviews of the Seaside, YC in particular. Some reports of a strong sewage smell around the ship, including YC decks. I'm familiar with this on other ships...it can happen. Just wondering if you noticed it and was it bad?

(One of the reviews that reported it said they would still definitely sail Seaside in YC again.)

I also read that a lot on earlier reviews and was specifically trying to notice and I or my family, did not notice any smell as described. We were on decks 5,6,7, 16, 18, 19 and the only smell we had was food, drinks, sunshine and a cigar from time to time. I also heard there was a busted pipe on seaside recently and the crew handled it VERY WELL.....I was not there for that.

That issue has been corrected. My experience was that I didn't smell anything foul in any part of the ship.

This is great to hear. The reviews I read were from earlier in the year, so I was hoping it had been corrected.

Thanks for the info. Wish we didn't have to wait until January. I'm ready for a vacay now.

This is great to hear. The reviews I read were from earlier in the year, so I was hoping it had been corrected.

Thanks for the info. Wish we didn't have to wait until January. I'm ready for a vacay now.

It will be here before you know it. We booked our YC sailing back in March 2017. We are finally a month away [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We board next Saturday. Excited to see what MSC and yacht club has to offer.

I have been reading Seaside Yacht Club posts since December and I think I’ve seen two Seaside Yacht Club menus posted in that time. I’ve also searched for more. If anyone wants to post photos of YC dinner menus, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks!

I have been reading Seaside Yacht Club posts since December and I think I’ve seen two Seaside Yacht Club menus posted in that time. I’ve also searched for more. If anyone wants to post photos of YC dinner menus, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks!

I am trying YC on Seaside after several NCL Havens. Super curious about breakfast, which is my favorite meal. NCL Haven set a high bar for breakfast.

I am trying YC on Seaside after several NCL Havens. Super curious about breakfast, which is my favorite meal. NCL Haven set a high bar for breakfast.

I'm trying YC after being spoiled in Coastal Kitchen on RCI. They also have set a high bar...

I'm trying YC after being spoiled in Coastal Kitchen on RCI. They also have set a high bar...

We are also going for the first time on msc. Will be boarding next Saturday and will definitely be seeing it how it stacks up to cl for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Will try to post menus in this thread if people are interested.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We are also going for the first time on msc. Will be boarding next Saturday and will definitely be seeing it how it stacks up to cl for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I’m interested in seeing YC menus but feel free to enjoy your cruise and post them when you get home. Bon voyage!

I’m interested in seeing YC menus but feel free to enjoy your cruise and post them when you get home. Bon voyage!

I second that! My cruise is next May. Plenty of time.

Thanks,

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Meant ck not cl dang spell check. Will post as soon as i get back from our b2b on seaside.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

What is the yacht club?

You didn't have to quote all that to ask a one line question.

Next time try clicking the curved arrow in the bottom right and you can do a reply without quoting. Sometimes quoting is useful, but not this time. It takes a while to get the hang of it.

Yacht clip is MSC's ship within a ship concept where they provide luxury service and exclusivity to people willing to pay the price with a private lounge, private restaurant, private sundeck with pool, Butler service and more. The idea is you can get the luxury line cruise experience while also being able to enjoy the non-yacht club 'big cruise ship' features of the ship that a smaller luxury line cruise ship could never provide. The best of both worlds.

I have sailed on NCL in the Haven and on RCL in the Coastal Kitchen...the breakfast in Yacht Club is just as good as the breakfasts there. And when you ask for Crispy Bacon, thats what they bring and they bring it as a plateful. What did you exactly order in the Haven and CK that you are looking for? They have a full breakfast menu to order from in the YC and we had breakfast everyday. It was great to eat there and see the fabulous views as we pulled into port or was at sea.

They have the usual breakfast menu, Omelets, eggs any style, Eggs Benedict, breakfast meets, smoked fish (herring and salmon), pancakes, waffles and great pastries and breads, especially the small croissants! I don't eat waffles, but a common complaint is that the waffles appear to be pre-made and not very good. Think Eggos. The one thing is that they will try their best to make you what you want, especially if you can give them some advanced notice.

IThey have a full breakfast menu to order from in the YC and we had breakfast everyday. It was great to eat there and see the fabulous views as we pulled into port or was at sea.

They have the usual breakfast menu, Omelets, eggs any style, Eggs Benedict, breakfast meets, smoked fish (herring and salmon), pancakes, waffles and great pastries and breads, especially the small croissants! I don't eat waffles, but a common complaint is that the waffles appear to be pre-made and not very good. Think Eggos. The one thing is that they will try their best to make you what you want, especially if you can give them some advanced notice.

I imagine I will be able to request a classic French style omelet (very soft, rolled, no browning) rather than the more country style filled and folded omelet with browning that is most typical in the states?

Actually, you can get exactly that. Due to a recent jaw replacement, I had to eat soft food. For a few days, I was ordering lightly poached eggs with Hollandaise sauce on the side. On Wednesday morning, I was down in the Top Sail Lounge and the chef came over to ask how I was doing (he knew me as the guy that sometimes had to have his food run through an immersion blender). I was talking about eggs and said I liked the poached eggs. He said do you like soft omelettes? I said baveuse, and he smiled (even though he was Italian, he knew "runny"). From that morning on, he sent out a soft omelette every day, and even used white pepper, not black. I really believe that they will always try and do what the customer wants.

I imagine I will be able to request a classic French style omelet (very soft, rolled, no browning) rather than the more country style filled and folded omelet with browning that is most typical in the states?

The food for Breakfast was very good...all made to order. The food overall was very good. The best we have had on a large cruise line. As for the ship and the passengers, it never felt like there was 5000 people on board (and Im sure that has to do with being in the Yacht Club). The staff there is fabulous and will go WAY out of their WAY to make your experience better. As far as large cruise ships, this experience was the best we've had with a dozen cruises or so under the belt. Its hard to remember where we had to wait in a long line, the line to get back on the tender in Grand Cayman was huge, but find a butler and your pass everyone (about 150 people in line when we did it) and you get right on the tender. Security lines to get back on the ship did move a little slow, but I think it depends on the people in front of you (for example, an elderly lady in front of us forgot to remove something 6 times and had to keep going through). As Americans I feel (including myself) we have the tendency to want things to move fast all the time, go go go go. On MSC the passengers are a lot of Europeans and they move at the pace they want, which is rarely at the pace you want. Maybe they're on to something, they say you work to live, while they say we say we live to work, notice the difference. Slow Down, enjoy your cruise, take in the atmosphere, people watch, have another drink!!....just enjoy it. I am an impatient person, but noticed how much I slowed down on the MSC Cruise. It was a VERY nice change of pace. A vacation is what you make of it. A day on a ship with 5000 people, raining and a little wait is a better day then at the office, staring out the window wondering, what the hell am I doing here...lol