How are the Swans doing 2018?

Looked a very tough, hard fought game. Just when you thought the Swans would skip away, the Eagles came back. But to me it was a typical Swans v Eagles game.

Pleased I didn't have to go out to football last night as it was very cold, wet & windy in Melbourne, temperatures were single figures as game started.

Bye weekend for my family and both teams away next weekend, will be looking forward to attending a live match.

Leigh

I read all about this game, sounds like a roller coaster for the Swans. No scoring in 2 quarters, then enough to hold on in the middle. Wish I could have seen it.

And we are in 2nd with a bye. Lots of time to rest before we take on Richmond. I feel another win coming :D

ML

I read all about this game, sounds like a roller coaster for the Swans. No scoring in 2 quarters, then enough to hold on in the middle. Wish I could have seen it.

And we are in 2nd with a bye. Lots of time to rest before we take on Richmond. I feel another win coming :D

ML

The week off will help with recover of any niggling injuries but let us they can maintain the momentum against the tigers.

The week off will help with recover of any niggling injuries but let us they can maintain the momentum against the tigers.

They will maintain momentum--or I'm swearing off them. If I want to be disappointed in sports teams, I'll just stick with my NY Giants :D

Good one Mic! The team for disappointments is whichever team you barrack for, in my experience :D

Yeah, that is too true.

A quote that always sticks in my mind (Mark Twain ?) is "The most important thing about sport is that it is not important". And on the day of the game it may feel really important thing in your life but a day or two later it is irrelevant and the result doesn't affect anything anymore.

And on the day of the game it may feel really important thing in your life but a day or two later it is irrelevant and the result doesn't affect anything anymore.

Yeah, that is the sad reality of following any team. I comfort myself by playing fantasy football, which at least doesn't try to kid me. I mean, fantasy is right there in the name:D

And not to change the subject too much, but with what is happening in the US these days (separating kids from parents on the border), I need to play more fantasy games to escape the 24/7 all Trump, all the time news.

Ok, back to the Swans now...;)

Yeah, that is the sad reality of following any team. I comfort myself by playing fantasy football, which at least doesn't try to kid me. I mean, fantasy is right there in the name:D

And not to change the subject too much, but with what is happening in the US these days (separating kids from parents on the border), I need to play more fantasy games to escape the 24/7 all Trump, all the time news.

Over on the Ports of Call part one of your countrymen is looking at attending an Aussie Rules game while in Melb.

Yeah well, I find it abhorrent but there is not much we can say really, glasshouses and all that. :(

At least with sport, it is cheating, professional fouls, gamesmanship and such that cheese's me off most. It happens in most sports but I think what happened in the US open is disgusting, and a blatant abuse of the rules.

Yeah well, I find it abhorrent but there is not much we can say really, glasshouses and all that. :(

At least with sport, it is cheating, professional fouls, gamesmanship and such that cheese's me off most. It happens in most sports but I think what happened in the US open is disgusting, and a blatant abuse of the rules.

Sadly, you are correct. "This too shall pass"

US Open--do you mean Phil hitting the moving ball? I'm not sure how I feel about it. But, the Committee assessed the 2-stroke penalty; they could have DQd him but didn't. And, he offered to withdraw but the USGA said that wasn't required.

It was highly unusual behavior, especially from Phil. He wasn't really in contention, and while I get the personal integrity that goes with playing golf, I'm not sure it bothers me that much. But I understand why many people are not happy about it.

Sadly, you are correct. "This too shall pass"

US Open--do you mean Phil hitting the moving ball? I'm not sure how I feel about it. But, the Committee assessed the 2-stroke penalty; they could have DQd him but didn't. And, he offered to withdraw but the USGA said that wasn't required.

It was highly unusual behavior, especially from Phil. He wasn't really in contention, and while I get the personal integrity that goes with playing golf, I'm not sure it bothers me that much. But I understand why many people are not happy about it.

Yes, that was the incident, I suppose I am just really disappointed that golf is now having professional fouls so to speak.

Yes, that was the incident, I suppose I am just really disappointed that golf is now having professional fouls so to speak.

Professional fouls--good way to put it. he did apologize today, if that helps? I have to say, I know exactly how he feels. many a time I've wanted to smash my ball off the green due to difficult conditions:D. So far I haven't but it's been close.

Professional fouls--good way to put it. he did apologize today, if that helps? I have to say, I know exactly how he feels. many a time I've wanted to smash my ball off the green due to difficult conditions:D. So far I haven't but it's been close.

Yes, golf can be so frustrating, it is good that he has now apologised.

Swans moved to 2nd spot on percentage after Essendon defeated West Coast at home last night. 3 teams - Richmond, Sydney and West Coast on equal points with percentage coming into play. Richmond have a good percentage over Sydney and West Coast. Next Thursday's game Richmond v Sydney will be a cracker.

Swans moved to 2nd spot on percentage after Essendon defeated West Coast at home last night. 3 teams - Richmond, Sydney and West Coast on equal points with percentage coming into play. Richmond have a good percentage over Sydney and West Coast. Next Thursday's game Richmond v Sydney will be a cracker.

I must say, I was surprised by that result. A bye for Sydney this weekend but they cannot be overtaken just yet. It will be a real test game.

I must say, I was surprised by that result. A bye for Sydney this weekend but they cannot be overtaken just yet. It will be a real test game.

So was I Mic and I'm an Essendon supporter! A great first quarter certainly helped my boys to gain the four points..

Leigh

So was I Mic and I'm an Essendon supporter! A great first quarter certainly helped my boys to gain the four points..

Leigh

Glad your team could benefit by having a great quarter and helping the Swans at the same time.

Yes, it will. Wish I could see it! Swans will win, no worries.

Leigh

Leigh

Thanks to your team for helping the Swans! Now I will wait anxiously for next weeks results.

Go Swans

ML

Yes, it will. Wish I could see it! Swans will win, no worries.

Leigh

Thanks to your team for helping the Swans! Now I will wait anxiously for next weeks results.

Go Swans

ML

The tigers may be tough to beat at home, may well be the grand final warm-up..