Crab meat eggs Benedict?

ihrtcruise

Imitation crabmeat are inexpensive ... real crabmeat, not too sure ... lots of provisioning changes over the last several years. Don't recall reading/hearing about it - was that in the MDR or in Haven/suite then ?

Imitation crabmeat are inexpensive ... real crabmeat, not too sure ... lots of provisioning changes over the last several years. Don't recall reading/hearing about it - was that in the MDR or in Haven/suite then ?
Pretty sure they had it in the dining room.. but I could be wrong.. this was about 6 years ago? ><

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

Several years ago we were on the Epic and they had AHHMAZING crab meat eggs Benedict (I'm sure they had a better name for it lol) but I'm hoping the Sky has it this summer... Anyone had it lately? *Fingers crossed!*

Only place I have ever had this was either in the haven restaurant when there is one or Cagney or moderno when there is no haven for the suite guests.

Several years ago we were on the Epic and they had AHHMAZING crab meat eggs Benedict (I'm sure they had a better name for it lol) but I'm hoping the Sky has it this summer... Anyone had it lately? *Fingers crossed!*

The Haven had it, but I have not seen this in the MDR.

Slightly off topic but my favorite story about Norwegian food. Hubby and I were VIP'd on our Norwegian Sun Panama Canal cruise and THROUGHLY loved being able to have lunch and breakfast in La Cucinia with the Suites passengers. The breakfast menu included the Crabcake Benedict at that time but while I love crab cakes, not for breakfast. So I asked if I could have a Steak Benedict. Wonderful waiter said, sorry Sir, that isn't on the menu.

Strange I thought, so I said well then just bring me the "Steak & Eggs". Great Sir, how would you like your steak, medium rare please. And your eggs? Poached please.

Plate arrives, steak perfect, two poached eggs on english muffins looking delish. As the waiter puts it in from of me, I politely ask if I could have some hollandaise sauce. Of course Sir. While he is gone, I cut the steak into two pieces, slide one under each of the eggs and when he returns with the sauce, pour some on top of each and look up and say, Voila - Steak Benedict.

Waiter says, "Very smart, Sir" and grins! LOL

Ahh we were in the Haven that cruise. Makes sense. Thanks!

We were happy to find they still served the Crab Eggs Benedict on the Jade (suite breakfast) last October, long after it was gone from the Gem and the Breakaway. I was in Crab heaven! The Jade had lots of menus the others had stopped using. :)

Slightly off topic but my favorite story about Norwegian food. Hubby and I were VIP'd on our Norwegian Sun Panama Canal cruise and THROUGHLY loved being able to have lunch and breakfast in La Cucinia with the Suites passengers. The breakfast menu included the Crabcake Benedict at that time but while I love crab cakes, not for breakfast. So I asked if I could have a Steak Benedict. Wonderful waiter said, sorry Sir, that isn't on the menu.

Strange I thought, so I said well then just bring me the "Steak & Eggs". Great Sir, how would you like your steak, medium rare please. And your eggs? Poached please.

Plate arrives, steak perfect, two poached eggs on english muffins looking delish. As the waiter puts it in from of me, I politely ask if I could have some hollandaise sauce. Of course Sir. While he is gone, I cut the steak into two pieces, slide one under each of the eggs and when he returns with the sauce, pour some on top of each and look up and say, Voila - Steak Benedict.

Waiter says, "Very smart, Sir" and grins! LOL

I love it! It sounds delicious!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums