The Last Straw on NCL? Awesome!

descal13

First off, NCL did not say they are not providing straws at all; they said they are available upon request, as far as I understand.

On the Gem's May 26 sailing, no straws were available... except for the ones I brought along.:D

First off, NCL did not say they are not providing straws at all; they said they are available upon request, as far as I understand.

Several reports in this thread of no straws being available (paper or plastic), even when requested.

Anybody consider that maybe they know it's difficult to drink a frozen drink without a straw and maybe there is an efficiency survey or cost analysis behind the whole thing showing that after one pina colada ending up down the front of your bathing suit that people switch to beer?

Probably

We will keep ordering frozen drinks at various bars and send them back if there is no straw and ask for a beer instead just out of spite. Too bad if they don’t like it. Oh and I will take a sip or two just so they can’t re use it.

We will keep ordering frozen drinks at various bars and send them back if there is no straw and ask for a beer instead just out of spite. Too bad if they don’t like it. Oh and I will take a sip or two just so they can’t re use it.
Great strategy until they increase the price of those frozen drinks / beers to $16 thus making everyone you purchase cost more and the UBP increases as well and implement a 30 minute wait time between drinks.....

Joke?

Sorry, but that type of behavior is classless.

You can get a whole bag of plastic straws from the dollar store!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The whole point is eliminating plastic straws!

Yes and helping to save our oceans and sea life. For those of you unhappy with this decision, I urge you to google how long plastic stays in landfills and at the bottom of our seas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes and helping to save our oceans and sea life. For those of you unhappy with this decision, I urge you to google how long plastic stays in landfills and at the bottom of our seas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't think those that insist on plastic straws or can't find an alternative, really care.

I don't think those that insist on plastic straws or can't find an alternative, really care.

Alternatives are easy to find. If you don't want to order online, your local Walmart has reusable/washable straws located by the Tervis type tumblers.

Alternatives are easy to find. If you don't want to order online, your local Walmart has reusable/washable straws located by the Tervis type tumblers.
The point is, that some don't want an alternative, they only want that plastic straws. I have a large hard plastic glass, with its own straw (think Starbucks) and it works great and last forever. If I want a banana daiquiri, I'll just pour it in my glass.

I like straws but I don't need them for most of my drinks. I'd like to see NCL stock biodegradable straws. Then (almost) everyone can be happy. Can't believe there is so much to say about straws. :')

The reason is this has gone on for 14 pages is because some act as if this is a huge improvement for the environment that NCL is accomplishing. Meanwhile they keep serving every one of those drinks that no longer has a little plastic straw in a disposable PLASTIC cup. NCL is doing this to save money, not the environment. If they were so worried about the envirinment they would be doing away with the plastic cups also, but that would actually cost them some money.

The reason is this has gone on for 14 pages is because some act as if this is a huge improvement for the environment that NCL is accomplishing. Meanwhile they keep serving every one of those drinks that no longer has a little plastic straw in a disposable PLASTIC cup. NCL is doing this to save money, not the environment. If they were so worried about the envirinment they would be doing away with the plastic cups also, but that would actually cost them some money.
Maybe some of us feel that any effort, no matter how big or how small, to help our enviornment and sea life is a start in the right direction.

Hey, neat. Helping the environment CAN save money at the same time! We should spread the word more!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We just got off the Dawn and the no straw rule was crazy. All your concerns were real. No straws for mojitos, no straws for mudslides, no straws for daiquiris. I understand the environment but like some suggested there are paper straws. An alcoholic drink is usually layered and sipping from the top tastes totally different when drinking from the bottom with a straw. The drinks were not the same!

Well, if the ship stops in Nassau, there is a straw market across the street from the dock.

I’ll confess, I didn’t read this whole thread. But, I thought I’d let you who care know that Hilton has recently announced a similar ban. Right now, it will only affect corporate-owned properties, but they have asked franchisees to follow suit.