Crystal Cruises Vienna Excursions Question

FourForTravel

We live in Vienna, Austria, outside of the usual tourist area. In recent weeks I have noticed groups wandering through the neighborhood being led by someone holding a "Crystal Cruises" sign; and the Crystal Cruise bus is parked further along the street.

Curiosity has gotten the better of us, because we can not imagine why a tourist group would be wandering in our neighborhood. Ours is an outer district, one that is home to professionals and diplomats. We are not in the vineyards; the Jewish history is not accessible to the public; architecturally there might be something of interest, but certainly nothing worth an excursion; and our farmer's market is terribly local.

If anyone can shed any light on this great mystery, we would be most appreciative.

Apparently there is something that is interesting in your area. Are they going to a private event? Interesting that it is only Crystal that does it. Why not just tag along and see for yourself? Or just ask the tour leader? I am sure they would welcome you.

mozfoz, thank you for your comment. I had not considered a private event; then again, we're struggling to wonder why at all cruise ship passengers would be in our neighborhood. At the most recent sighting (once or twice weekly, it now seems) I was unable to "tag along," but the notion is certainly one to consider. I have also contacted Crystal Cruises but have yet to receive a response.

maybe just ask the guide the reason for that location for a tour

Could it be some historical event that happened in your area ?

You could check the excursions offer & see if any are in your area

http://www.crystalcruises.com/voyage/details/vienna-to-budapest-rmh190513-07#excursions

Edited by LHT28

I've done 2 Crystal river cruises that began and ended in Vienna and never did an excursion that involved walking in a residential neighborhood. These cruises were last year and some of the excursions are replaced from year to year depending on popularity. Let us know if you are able to get your question answered! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I was on Crystal Ravel last month and one excursion in Vienna was to the Arik Bauer Gallery which was actually a large room below his home. The Crystal coach had to park on the main road as it would be impossible to drive through the residential streets, and we followed the tour guide through a residential area to the Gallery. Hope this helps answer your query.

I was on Crystal Ravel last month and one excursion in Vienna was to the Arik Bauer Gallery which was actually a large room below his home. The Crystal coach had to park on the main road as it would be impossible to drive through the residential streets, and we followed the tour guide through a residential area to the Gallery. Hope this helps answer your query.

Did you enjoy the Aria Bauer Gallery tour? Do you recommend it?

Did you enjoy the Aria Bauer Gallery tour? Do you recommend it?

His art is very interesting but macabre. This tour was not my first choice but the walking portion through the Jewish area was good.

• 1 month later...

Just this morning I saw another group in the neighborhood but could not reach them (the dog insisted on going in another direction.) The Arik Brauer gallery tour is probably what's going on. Thank you, everyone.

Now I am curious about the "Jewish Area." mjbc, do you recall where you toured? The Jewish cemetery in my district is closed to the public because it is dangerous due to fallen trees and destroyed gravestones, and can only be toured privately or when the foundation restoring the cemetery offers tours (once or twice a year).