Noise on deck 8 staterooms Oasis

coldflame

Hey all,

Was able to book a guaranteed Ocean-view Balcony on the Oasis at a very good price. The risk is, of course getting a sub-optimal stateroom. At first I was excited we had been assigned a balcony in one of the "humps" port side, then that quickly turned to panic when I saw we were on deck 8 of Oasis of the Seas (which according to deck map is like "the place to be but not for sleeping". So at this point I rather brace for the worst and hope for the best. So, would like honest opinion on noise levels for staterooms in deck 8. I can't back down/cancel it now, so, please be honest so that I can be psychologically prepared :(

Deck 8 is the only deck we book. Absolutely love it and have never on any of our Oasis class cruises had a noise problem, so count your self lucky that you scored such a great cabin. Enjoy this amazing ship.

We just booked Allure 8160 ov balcony as the RC person said the big white box across the room on deck plan was a structural support. Looking elsewhere I see it may be a crew setup area and could cause noise. Now I am worried. Anyone stay in 8160 or 8153 on Allure?

That space that you are referring to is a set of crew stairs/elevator. You won’t hear anything in 8160 as it’s across the hall. The only days that it’s used a lot is boarding day and the last night when they are moving all the guests luggage.

Thank you Ken, that is reassuring! I am excited that all of you are so adamant about this being a great deck to be on. I am looking forward to the peacefulness of Central Park being right outside our door :) If you have any other Deck 8 secrets, let us know!

• 1 month later...

We just got back from a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas and stayed in room 8695. This is located on the Boardwalk right above the carousel. Do not ever stay in this room. It was located beside a crew workroom and we were kept awake every night until 3:00. It sounded like they were slinging heavy objects against the wall all night! Also, the Boardwalk can be noisy during the afternoon if trying to nap. The cruise was great except for the location of the room.

We’re in 8640 in a JS in a couple weeks on Oasis, and chose this location because it seemed to be sandwiched between two decks of cabins yet it’s in an amazingly convenient location and direct access to Central Park. Super excited, first time sailing Oasis class 😁

• 2 months later...
We’re in 8640 in a JS in a couple weeks on Oasis, and chose this location because it seemed to be sandwiched between two decks of cabins yet it’s in an amazingly convenient location and direct access to Central Park. Super excited, first time sailing Oasis class 😁

How did you end up liking this room? We’re in 8644 in January and wanted to make sure noise was not an issue. Also did you have a lounger on your balcony? Thank you for your help!