Advantage to booking another cruise while onboard.

I am sailing on the Allure in Oct 2018. I know the cruise I would like to take in Nov 2019. What if any is the advantage of booking onboard while on the Allure. Other info: Lots of rooms for the Nov 2019 still available, so not worried about selling out, not picky about a certain cabin, currently the RCL site has a refundable deposit option which seems rare nowadays, and I am a Diamond member. Thanks.

I am sailing on the Allure in Oct 2018. I know the cruise I would like to take in Nov 2019. What if any is the advantage of booking onboard while on the Allure. Other info: Lots of rooms for the Nov 2019 still available, so not worried about selling out, not picky about a certain cabin, currently the RCL site has a refundable deposit option which seems rare nowadays, and I am a Diamond member. Thanks.

Note that you only get a lower deposit if you opt for a non-refundable deposit.

I would seriously consider booking now. At most you get $100 OBC. Between now and when you sail in October the price could easily rise by more than $50per person. If the price drops you can still get price adjustments.

If you book a refundable rate and the price is still the same in October then you could cancel and book on board.

The only perk we really cared about was the lower deposit for the nonrefundable fair. It gives us more room to spend money on the current cruise rather than on another deposit. This can be good for people on budgets. If you can afford the deposit without any budgeting issues, then I don't know that there is enough of an advantage. You still get whatever sale is occurring at the moment- which may or may not be the best deal if booking earlier gets a lower price.

Note that you only get a lower deposit if you opt for a non-refundable deposit.

When we booked onboard in October, we were not given a choice about deposits, it was non refundable or nothing, and definitely NOT cheaper deposit. $250.00 per person, per cabin. Booking a cruise for 10 people, got expensive in a HURRY

When we booked onboard in October, we were not given a choice about deposits, it was non refundable or nothing, and definitely NOT cheaper deposit. $250.00 per person, per cabin. Booking a cruise for 10 people, got expensive in a HURRY

I don't understand why you were not given the opportunity for non-refundable deposits, unless you were booking a Grand Suite or better.

The reduced deposits for Junior Suites and under are a relatively new addition I think less than a year.

I don't understand why you were not given the opportunity for non-refundable deposits, unless you were booking a Grand Suite or better.

The reduced deposits for Junior Suites and under are a relatively new addition I think less than a year.

We booked standard balconies. The guy was apparently new, and didn't quite "know how to do his job". In essence we got screwed. We have moved past it, and know better now. Just as easy and beneficial to book when we get home..

We booked standard balconies. The guy was apparently new, and didn't quite "know how to do his job". In essence we got screwed. We have moved past it, and know better now. Just as easy and beneficial to book when we get home..

Makes sense, we've also run into a few Next Cruise people who don't know the rules.