New UPDATED Cruise Director (CD) List - starting from April 2018 onwards

Welcome to the new list! Thanks all for the updates!

Adventure OTS - Mercedes LaFuentes took over February 27 for 6 weeks. (then who?)

Allure OTS - Jimmy Rhodes returns March 11 for 4 months, then Mitch Merucci returns mid-July for 2 months.

Anthem OTS - Clo O'Connor early March until May 13, then Dennis Charles returns May 13 for 4 months.

Brilliance OTS - Abe Hughes started March 31 until early-July, then Clo O'Connor will be CD from July until September. (exact dates needed)

Empress OTS - Hugo Arenas began November 10 for 4 months. (then who?)

Enchantment OTS - Michelle Pimentinha Oliveira returned December 15 for 4 months, then Bobby Broughton returns late-April. (need handover date)

Explorer OTS - Graham Seymour returned February 9 (until when?). Topi Ylönen returns June 8 until July 27. Graham is wanted to be kept on Explorer by the HD, so may be regular CD again for the rest of 2018.

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine starts March 17 until July 28, then Topi Ylönen returns July 28 until September 29, followed by Drew September 29 for 4 months.

Grandeur OTS - Bob Leininger began November 30 until mid-April, then Mike Szwajkowski for 2 months, then Bob returns mid-June until October 6, then Mitch Merucci from October 6 until December 1, followed by Bob starting December 1 for another 4 month contract.

Harmony OTS - Marc Walker begins February 3 until April 21, then Dru Pavlov returns April 21 until August 4, then Marc returns again from August 4 until October 6.

Independence OTS - Tim Connor started March 15 until May 28, then Joff Eaton returns May 28 for the Summer season for 4 months.

Jewel OTS - Andrea Olivera started February 25. (for 4 months?)

Liberty OTS - John Blair took over January 14 until May 27, and returns July 22 for 4 months.

Majesty OTS - Susan Adams took over February 26. (for 4 months?)

Mariner OTS - Ricky Matthews is said to have taken over for the repositioning, dry dock and start of the Miami cruises. (Will Carlos Torres also be working on Mariner later this year, as initially reported?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo took over March 16 for 2 months. (then who?). Cuddy Cudworth returns in August after a contract on Radiance.

Oasis OTS - Jeff Arpin returned early March for 2 months, followed by Dan Whitney early May for 4 months. (need dates)

Ovation OTS - Mike Hunnerup returned March 23 (for 4 months?).

Quantum OTS - Chris Brown returned mid November for 4 months, then Paul Rutter starts in March for 2 months and again from September for 3 months. (need handover date)

Radiance OTS - Mitch Merucci started March 18 until April 18. Cuddy Cudworth is joining Radiance for his next contract. (dates unknown)

Rhapsody OTS - Elvis Pinto returned early February for 4 months. (then who?)

Serenade OTS - Carly Boileau returns February 5 (until when? then who?)

Symphony OTS - Michele Scarpato and Bobby Brown are the launch CD's, sharing duties. Current dates are unknown, but Michele will be CD in early-July, and Bobby for the TA. Marc Walker takes over November 9 in Miami until February 16. (He joins Oct 23 for a 17 day handover)

Vision OTS - Ken Jones returned February 9 for 2 months, then Steve Davis returns April 6 until August 11.

Voyager OTS - Carlos Torres began late-January until late-May.

Where is Patricio Honores?

Jerome Sueur has reportedly left RCI. He is getting married soon.

Casey Pelter is now working shoreside for Celebrity as Manager of Entertainment.

Jamie Fentiman has been cleared to return, although does not have an assignment yet.

Graham Seymour is stepping back from cruise life after July 28, 2017 except for occasional fill-ins. (Graham is filling in on Explorer from Feb 9.)

Rich Edwards has unfortunately passed away in June 2017. RIP Rich.

John Perry has left Royal and is now Operations Manager at Hyatt Hotels (per LinkedIn)

Ken Rush works at corporate in Miami as RCI's Director of Entertainment. He may occasionally fill-in as CD

Amy Fickert-Southgate has taken a job shoreside as of June 8

Luke Aerowsmith is working at the corporate office in London

Gordon Whatman is retired, but will be filling-in from time-to-time if needed.

Allan Brooks works for Celebrity in their corporate office.

Richard Spacey is a CD with Celebrity

Becky Thompson works for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami.

Dave Chapman is a CD with HAL

James Andrews is a real estate agent in Sydney

Leo Papa is a Product Manager at Tauck Corp in Connecticut

Anna Bass is a make-up artist

João Pereira has returned to Royal Caribbean and is now the Cruise Sales Manager on the Liberty of the Seas.

Kirk Detweiler is now CD with Silversea cruises.

Simeon Baker - married a dancer, had a baby girl and is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - Has sold the Tiddly and is now a radio presenter.

Kieron Buffrey - CD with Viking River Cruises and recently became a father to a lovely baby boy

Tom Canosa - teaching 6th grade science in North Carolina

Peter Benfield and Johnny Osborne have emigrated to Thailand

Anthony Richards is living in Miami with his wife, and is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager Port Revenue Operations

Rico du Breil is now a CD with SilverSeas out of Italy

Paul Lancaster is no longer with RCI, and resides in England

Abel Jeney is now with The World - Luxury Residence at Sea

Parker Cristan is living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - staging/choreographing for local theater

Ashley Kerr - married and living in Vancouver BC, working as a marketing rep for a PR firm

Karen Maybury - has a consultant/pr/entertainment agency

Jannie Cloete - leading expeditions on small ships

Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) lives in Ontario, Canada. He has retired from ship-life but still works on the stage

Thomas DeCell is no longer with RCI

Leigh Xuereb and his AM Frankie Portera are CD's for Carnival

I was on Anthem last week (March 24 sailing) and both Clo and Dennis were on board. They were both together at the opening night show but after that I only saw Dennis in person at the events in two70 and the royal theater (but I saw Clo on the stateroom TV leading some of the game shows and doing the morning TV show, so maybe it was just coincidence as to the events I went to).

Which CD's are these? It's always nice to hear of CD's who have nurtured their staff into becoming very successful themselves in the company.

Sorry to carry this from the old thread, but I wanted to respond. I was talking about Dennis Charles who I sailed with on Jewel and now seems to be on Anthem a lot. I always think of the rating of CDs as more of a chart than a scale, and while some score highly in areas, IMO no one ranks consistently higher across the board than Dennis.

When I sailed Anthem last year I was talking with Dru Pavlov and he spoke highly of a CD I had never heard of. Eventually he revealed that he goes by Dennis, speaking of Dennis Charles. It really kind of surprised me because I had heard so many speak highly of Dru as being a great Solstice class CD, and prior to sailing Jewel I had never heard of Dennis.

I was on Anthem last week (March 24 sailing) and both Clo and Dennis were on board. They were both together at the opening night show but after that I only saw Dennis in person at the events in two70 and the royal theater (but I saw Clo on the stateroom TV leading some of the game shows and doing the morning TV show, so maybe it was just coincidence as to the events I went to).

I'm following this story closely. It would be a very short vacation for Dennis, but I selfishly wouldn't mind him returning already. At the moment he's scheduled to board the day we get off in May. I haven't heard anything negative about Clo, so it's nothing against her, but this sailing is a special sailing for my family and we have a previous special connection to Dennis.

I'm following this story closely. It would be a very short vacation for Dennis, but I selfishly wouldn't mind him returning already. At the moment he's scheduled to board the day we get off in May. I haven't heard anything negative about Clo, so it's nothing against her, but this sailing is a special sailing for my family and we have a previous special connection to Dennis.

Fingers crossed that he will be on your sailing then. Given that Clo is there, I'm not sure why he hasn't left the ship.

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo took over March 16 for 2 months. (then who?). Cuddy Cudworth returns in August after a contract on Radiance.

Any news on who is the CD May-August if Simona is only on for 2 months from March & Cuddy is back in August on the Navigator?

Any news on who is the CD May-August if Simona is only on for 2 months from March & Cuddy is back in August on the Navigator?

Simona is probably getting off when the ship starts the Southampton season. My guess is Rob McNally, but no confirmation yet.

Thank you to the OP. What an impressive list! I was wondering who the CD would be on my Oct. 7 LOS cruise, now I know.

I always wish for Abe Hughes to be our CD again. He was exceptional on a past cruise out of Galveston years ago.

Thank you to the OP. What an impressive list! I was wondering who the CD would be on my Oct. 7 LOS cruise, now I know.

I always wish for Abe Hughes to be our CD again. He was exceptional on a past cruise out of Galveston years ago.

Don't put too expectations on John Blair. He's one of the 2 CD's that I have had whom I didn't like.

Abe was fantastic on Harmony last year. I wish that he stayed with the big ships, but it sounds like he is happy moving to Brilliance with a great itinerary.

Sorry to carry this from the old thread, but I wanted to respond. I was talking about Dennis Charles who I sailed with on Jewel and now seems to be on Anthem a lot. I always think of the rating of CDs as more of a chart than a scale, and while some score highly in areas, IMO no one ranks consistently higher across the board than Dennis.

When I sailed Anthem last year I was talking with Dru Pavlov and he spoke highly of a CD I had never heard of. Eventually he revealed that he goes by Dennis, speaking of Dennis Charles. It really kind of surprised me because I had heard so many speak highly of Dru as being a great Solstice class CD, and prior to sailing Jewel I had never heard of Dennis.

Just a follow up: Dennis' real last name is Dennis Sciortino, and he went by that name for a number of years before changing his professional name to Dennis Charles. Until recently, he spent more time shoreside than on ships, and was/is responsible for training CDs.

Just a follow up: Dennis' real last name is Dennis Sciortino, and he went by that name for a number of years before changing his professional name to Dennis Charles. Until recently, he spent more time shoreside than on ships, and was/is responsible for training CDs.

Maybe the Anthem is what enticed him to return full-time.

Simona is probably getting off when the ship starts the Southampton season. My guess is Rob McNally, but no confirmation yet.

Thanks for replying. I’m sure it’ll be announced soon. I’ve not seen Rob McNally before. Only ever seen Joff on Independence. But parents have seen a lot of CD so they may know him.

Thanks for replying. I’m sure it’ll be announced soon. I’ve not seen Rob McNally before. Only ever seen Joff on Independence. But parents have seen a lot of CD so they may know him.

We had Rob as Assistant to Joff in 2011 on Independence. I can't remember anything about him. I think he was Joff's AM for 2 years, if that helps.

We've had Rob McNally a couple of times. Not a fan, but he's better than Bobby Brown. We're also on Navigator over the summer and keeping our fingers crossed for Jamie Fentiman instead - he was great!

Jamie is another possible option for NV this summer. He was cleared to return to the ships a few weeks ago, so very possible.

Maybe the Anthem is what enticed him to return full-time.

When he first returned to the line-up, he started with the two month fill-in in Jewel, but then he appeared on the list more frequently as he was needed.

We first had him on Mariner over 10 years ago - he was also doing an emergency fill-in, and that's when he spoke of his background as the CD trainer. People had never heard of him before and thought he was new, but he was actually very experienced.

We loved him! An all-around good entertainer, and seemingly all over the ship, at all times of the day, greeting people in the promenade or on the gangway. We joked that he never slept.

Any chance Dru will return to Anthem? I would love to have him July 12th of October 27th

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

No - he is on Harmony now. If a CD has a regular assignment on one ship, they will usually stay for no longer than 3 contracts. He had already been on Anthem for that length of time, so it was time for him to move on.

Don't put too expectations on John Blair. He's one of the 2 CD's that I have had whom I didn't like.

I agree with you 100%. I found the Blair's to be incredibly annoying. Did not enjoy them at all. They reminded me of that SNL skit with the middle school music teachers that wore matching sweaters. Not their clothing, just their personalities. Each to their own, but they were not for me.

I agree with you 100%. I found the Blair's to be incredibly annoying. Did not enjoy them at all. They reminded me of that SNL skit with the middle school music teachers that wore matching sweaters. Not their clothing, just their personalities. Each to their own, but they were not for me.

That sums them up! Very phoney and cheesy style, and I find John really annoying. No comedic value and thinks he is the star of the show (he even says so in the Day 1 Cruise Compass).

I wonder who will be the CD on the Radiance for Vancouver to Hawaii in early September? Cuddy said on his Facebook page that he returns to Navigator in August.

No idea yet, sorry. Radiance doesn't really seem to have a regular CD these days.

When I looked for information on him prior to sailing Jewel everything just showed him as being on her exclusively, never saw anything about his shore side time, but that explains a lot about him. It's like you managed to fill in all of the missing pieces. That makes so much sense now. After Dru spoke so highly of him I was kicking myself for not interviewing him on Jewel, now I've got another reason to hope he's on Anthem.