moorings - LONDON TO STOCKHOLEM 17 JUNE

manc

Please can someone tell me where to find exactly where we will be moored in Greenwich on 17th June and the following ports as we plan our trip.

We have been with Azamara to several of the ports but interested to know where we will dock in Antwerp and Amsterdam.

Many thanks

Nearest postcode is SE10 9HT in Greenwich. You will tender to the ship as it will not be docked but moored to barges (in full view - face the Thames and look left) There are usually tents outside the Greenwich Information Centre which is just next to the Cutty Sark to leave your luggage etc.

Was this the one that was due to start from Tower Bridge ?

Thank you. Yes it was orginal.frim Tower Bridge. Just wondering whether to book as very keen to go back to St Petersburg and has intrnded to visit Antwerp and Amstedam on Eurostar over the summer! This gives us the opportunity to do it all!

Thank you. Yes it was orginal.frim Tower Bridge. Just wondering whether to book as very keen to go back to St Petersburg and has intrnded to visit Antwerp and Amstedam on Eurostar over the summer! This gives us the opportunity to do it all!

Some years ago we docked almost in the center of Antwerp just a short walk into town.

Amsterdam's cruise terminal is not far from the center with a tram stop just outside.

The main Railway station is also very close.

Some years ago we docked almost in the center of Antwerp just a short walk into town.

Amsterdam's cruise terminal is not far from the center with a tram stop just outside.

The main Railway station is also very close.

If this was the cruise I was on I could see the church from my cabin.it was a lovely night, the next day it poured on and off. I walked everywhere.

Yes you can take the Themes Clipper to the ship easily providing you can manage your luggage.

Its a great service with a lovely ride along the Thames.

Do you know the best way to get there from the airport? Taxi?

Yes, the easiest way, especially with luggage, would be a taxi. I think it would be wise to prebook rather than take a 'black cab' as it would be considerably cheaper. I assume you mean Heathrow and I think you would expect to pay around £55 to £65.

From the airport that is going to be more than £65 although it is a Sunday. I do not know how long you have to travel. One option is to go part of the route by underground - the Heathrow line will give you a step free access to the pavement then you could either use Uber or hail a black cab, the bill then would be nearer £25-40 then, it just all depends. Sadly sometimes the underground will be far far quicker.

Yes, we are coming into Heathrow early, about 7am. Don’t know much of what to expect, first time in Europe for both of us. We looked at the Thames clipper and thought that would be quite nice. We also are considering hiring a taxi for the morning so that we can do a little sightseeing but still get to the ship by 11 or 12. We expect that we will be very tired and might want to nap after lunch.

If you want a tour you would be best contacting one of the car firms that do transfers from Heathrow to see what they can offer. For the length of time you want the car it’s going to be £150-200 as most charge £50 an hour in central London

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you want a tour you would be best contacting one of the car firms that do transfers from Heathrow to see what they can offer. For the length of time you want the car it’s going to be £150-200 as most charge £50 an hour in central London

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That sounds ideal, thank you. Can you point me in the right direction of how to find one of these firms or what to google to find it?

That sounds ideal, thank you. Can you point me in the right direction of how to find one of these firms or what to google to find it?

Best place is either there Ports of Call board or probably for a wider range trip advisor london forum

We have a home in Greenwich. Local Taxi firms charge around £50. Uber quote £48 - 56.

It all depends on how much luggage you have but I would not want to manhandle it onto a tube train - the Heathrow Express which will take you to Paddington is £25 each and you would still have to pay a taxi fare from there.

The Clipper is lovely but again difficult with luggage. Its ideal if you are staying in Central London first but not really if you are arriving in Heathrow on the same day.

We do this journey by road every weekend. We actually drive around the M25 (outer ring road of London). Whilst it is a longer journey it is normally quicker taking around one hour and 20 minutes. Of course if you drive through the centre of London you may well arrange to see some of the tourist sites on your way.

Enjoy lovely Greenwich.

Just a note to say that sadly we won't see Journey in Greenwich as we will embark on Quest on June 16th in Barcelona. Viking are often In Greenwich but Azamara is something of a rarity.

Have a great cruise. I am sure we will.

We have a home in Greenwich. Local Taxi firms charge around £50. Uber quote £48 - 56.

It all depends on how much luggage you have but I would not want to manhandle it onto a tube train - the Heathrow Express which will take you to Paddington is £25 each and you would still have to pay a taxi fare from there.

The Clipper is lovely but again difficult with luggage. Its ideal if you are staying in Central London first but not really if you are arriving in Heathrow on the same day.

We do this journey by road every weekend. We actually drive around the M25 (outer ring road of London). Whilst it is a longer journey it is normally quicker taking around one hour and 20 minutes. Of course if you drive through the centre of London you may well arrange to see some of the tourist sites on your way.

Enjoy lovely Greenwich.

Thank you for the well wishes and the helpful info! We are going to do a mock pack this weekend so we will have a better idea on the luggage question soon. I’m guessing 1 large and 2 carry ons since we are fairly decent packers. This is a long trip though so we will see.

Since you are the local and therefore the expert, would you please recommend the one or two things we should be sure to see before we embark the ship?

Many great things in Greenwich.The information centre is a few steps away from the 'welcome tent'. They have some exhibits there. Another few steps away The Old Royal Naval College includes the wonderful Painted Hall with a remarkable ceiling which is currently being restored. Entry is free but there are also paid tickets to climb up to the ceiling to see the restoration work at first hand. It's twin building is the lovely chapel. You may recognise the area from many movies including Les Miserables, Pirates of the Caribbean, Thor etc etc. Across the road is the National Maritime Museum and The Queens House, first Palladian House in England , built by James 1st to say sorry to his wife for swearing at her when she accidentally shot his dog whilst hunting, so the legend says. (Free entry) Up the hill through the Greenwich Park is the famous Observatory. Of course there is also The Cutty Sark and other local attractions like the covered market, which will be very busy on a Sunday afternoon. Have fun.

Many great things in Greenwich.The information centre is a few steps away from the 'welcome tent'. They have some exhibits there. Another few steps away The Old Royal Naval College includes the wonderful Painted Hall with a remarkable ceiling which is currently being restored. Entry is free but there are also paid tickets to climb up to the ceiling to see the restoration work at first hand. It's twin building is the lovely chapel. You may recognise the area from many movies including Les Miserables, Pirates of the Caribbean, Thor etc etc. Across the road is the National Maritime Museum and The Queens House, first Palladian House in England , built by James 1st to say sorry to his wife for swearing at her when she accidentally shot his dog whilst hunting, so the legend says. (Free entry) Up the hill through the Greenwich Park is the famous Observatory. Of course there is also The Cutty Sark and other local attractions like the covered market, which will be very busy on a Sunday afternoon. Have fun.

I agree very good advice! The other thing if time allows stop in one of the very English pubs in the area for a quick drink

Thank you, Mrs Miggins and uktog, it’s like having my very own tour guides! Once we get to the ship and are settled, heading out to tour your lovely town and enjoy a cold beer at a pub sounds just wonderful.

How about London? What few things are worth your mention on our way from Heathrow to the ship?

Your driver should be able to do a route down Cromwell Road to Knightsbridge (passed Harrods) down over Hyde Park to Piccadilly Circus, round, down to the Mall passed Buckingham Palace, (so long as you are ahead of the Changing of the Guards) round and back down the Mall, along Whitehall to Houses of Parliament/Westminster Abbey. Back down to the Embankment, all the way along to the City of London, down to Tower of London, over Tower Bridge and then along to Greenwich on the South Bank. Just list the main places and a good driver/guide will be able to jinx around the road closures etc