Escape Traview 6-9-18

dexddd

From reading Motegi's Travelouge and someone mentioning that they got the right term and it wasn't a "review" I try to satisfy all and doing a TraView!

Got to Newark with few issues other than Halitosis Harry behind me on one segment hacking a lung and bad breath every 1.5 minutes. I guess that was to prepare us for Newark. Been to Newark many time and well...Newark is Newark. We did try a different hotel and it was well...Newark. We did find a new restaurant that had pretty good food - Napoli's - and they deliver.

It sounds like concierge will be David Contrerez (sp). Not to be confused with out last trip out of NYC with Ruth the contrary concierge. Or in Borat terms - Ruth the Concierge - NOT! It wasn't that we asked her for anything, she just stayed at her desk and did do much.

Off to the terminal in a couple hours as we see the ship is in port.

Goooood morning, Dexddd & company. Rise-n-shine (well, sorry ... a bit cloudy this morning, kind of drizzling at the moment, nothing to dampen those Bermuda spirits)

Escape hauled herself into Pier 88 just about 5 am this morning, one of those early arrival & docking. Looked like, with live ship's webcam, I see folks are walking across 12th Avenue for their getaway/homebound trip already.

Wish you & all those sailing a wonderful, safe & happy cruise & sailaway later, will be following along ... sharing the stories of the good, so so and the well, let's really don't want to read/know about stuff. Bon Voyage !

P.S. Pier Cafe inside the terminal, post security - they only sell Pepsi products, juice & bottled water and if you wish, pretzels & hot dogs, while you wait. Don't recall seeing Coke products at the nearby vending machine by one of the walls either. Oh, well. While it ain't free, no 20% surcharge ... really.

Looking forward to following along. Will help me get through another week of my countdown! :)

Hope you have a great trip! :D

Pier from Newark about 40 minutes.

Will report actual soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Following...have a great cruise! We love the Escape and Bermuda. We were just there at the end of April / early May, and are hoping to go again in September.

If you’re in the Haven, the staff is superb. We cruised with a 6 month old, and won out on an upgrade bid so that we'd have the extra room, and the staff really made the vacation for us. Leonora the Maitre D is awesome, and we had a fantastic butler (Lea) and steward (Dennis).

40 minutes door to porter.

Checked in.

Deli with Pepsi products plus Aquafina machine with Pepsi products.

Used Uber - ladies in charge of ground transportation.

Ship all clear- people last off 10:18.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums