Boeing 777 or Airbus 350-900

CasaM

We're selecting flights for Nov....in economy...trying to decide between Boeing 777 from IAD to MUC....or Airbus 350-900 from ORD to MUC. We'll be connecting to these from our flight from SCE.

Mainly concerned about equipment boxes under the seat where my feet should go... I can't sit for 8 hrs with my feet to the side throwing my hips out! Also general comfort as best as you can have in economy.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Edited by CasaM
Typo

Airline (Lufthansa, I assume)?

Coach is coach, across most all of the airlines that you might see.

Check out seatguru.com for more exact locations where those boxes might be, and perhaps seat yourself away. As I recall they are not under every seat. You might also consider a "Premium Economy", which will give you more room to avoid the boxes.

I believe that the A350 design eliminated those floor equipment boxes. We recently flew from Japan to Detroit on a new A350 (Delta) and all was fine. But we were in Business Class and have no clue as to the comfort of economy.

Hank

Not all 777s are set up the same, and not all A350s are set up the same. Airlines are important, so we cannot really tell you the specifics unless you tell us yours.

The above guess of Lufthansa is likely only half true, as Lufthansa doesn't have 777s. So if the A350 is Lufthansa, I am guessing the 777 is United carrying a Lufthansa flight number (something like LH 9281).

If my above guess is true, seat size is pretty much the same - 31" seat pitch (aka leg room), and 17 to 18" width. The Lufthansa aircraft will likely have better onboard entertainment, but it's a relatively short flight. In my experience, Lufthansa service will be slightly better, and food will be slightly better, but not enough to make a huge difference over a 7-8 hour journey. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the placement (or existence) of under-seat entertainment boxes on either.

The Boeing 777 is United Flight 106.

The Airbus is United Flight 8854, which I think is a Lufthansa flight.

I did check seat guru but didn't see where it would tell about the floor boxes.

The comments on seat guru mentioned boxes on the Boeing 777, so I'm inclined to go with the Airbus. Thank you all for your comments!

Then yes, you will be on a Lufthansa aircraft, whether it has a United flight number or not.