Flight from Vancouver to Los Angeles, Is this a joke Princess?

cruzsnooze

I have a 3 night cruise booked with a GF from San Pedro to Vancouver. Several EZAir choices are off the wall like this one.....which goes to Toronto first...........

YVR

Vancouver

07 MAY 19

8:00 PM

1h 42m

YYC

4h 14m

YYZ

LAX

Los Angeles Intl

08 MAY 19

12:25 PM

Arrives next day

Total Duration: 16h 25m, 2 stops

Show details

Fare Restrictions

Baggage Fees

Flexible

$398.35

Per person

I have a 3 night cruise booked with a GF from San Pedro to Vancouver. Several EZAir choices are off the wall like this one.....which goes to Toronto first...........

YVR

Vancouver

07 MAY 19

8:00 PM

1h 42m

YYC

4h 14m

YYZ

LAX

Los Angeles Intl

08 MAY 19

12:25 PM

Arrives next day

Total Duration: 16h 25m, 2 stops

Show details

Fare Restrictions

Baggage Fees

Flexible

$398.35

Per person

That’s kinda hilarious, but of course not to you! Is this last minute? Maybe the non stops are sold out.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 4 2019 11 months out, it is hilarious.

Oh, that makes sense. The airline timetables are not out yet. Give it a few weeks. You just found some eager beaver connection that is posted too early.

We have non-stop flights booked thru EZ air. But interestingly, when I looked at flights from my home airport, they were 12-16 hours with 2 lay overs and a relatively high price. I can fly Southwest to my daughter's home, visit there for a while, and then fly to the cruise from LAX with her....repeat in reverse on the way home...cheaper than EZ Air from my home airport.

Kinda wonder why you would even use EZair for such a simple one way. Given what they suggested I would just book a flight OYO.

Price. Our flights are about 35% cheaper thru EZ Air than thru the airline(s) directly. THey were cheaper when I booked them and we were able to grab 2 price reductions later.

Price. Our flights are about 35% cheaper thru EZ Air than thru the airline(s) directly. THey were cheaper when I booked them and we were able to grab 2 price reductions later.

Are you flying domestically? I have never used EZ Air since it's been a a few years since I haven't left from Florida and was wondering how their pricing was if I flew domestically.

Are you flying domestically? I have never used EZ Air since it's been a a few years since I haven't left from Florida and was wondering how their pricing was if I flew domestically.

Our flights are international--Los Angeles to Vancouver, BC.

I flew EZ Air SDF to FLL in late March--again at a slightly better fare than I could get otherwise. It was spring break, and Delta was the only option. I'd normally do Southwest, but they were sold out. It was really a joke--my flight to FLL was almost $400, my flight home on Southwest was $96.

Edited by moki'smommy

Oh, that makes sense. The airline timetables are not out yet. Give it a few weeks. You just found some eager beaver connection that is posted too early.

The flights are already posted, it's less then 330 days out. It's funny that there are a lot of these ridiculous flight paths. I will wait to book my flights when there are some non stop flights which should be 21/2 hours.

Our flights are international--Los Angeles to Vancouver' date=' BC.[/quote']

I did the Panama canal in Feb from Los Angeles to FLL and paid $929 for first class with EZAir. I have found EZAir is usually more reasonable.

Our flights are international--Los Angeles to Vancouver' date=' BC.

I flew EZ Air SDF to FLL in late March--again at a slightly better fare than I could get otherwise. It was spring break, and Delta was the only option. I'd normally do Southwest, but they were sold out. It was really a joke--my flight to FLL was almost $400, my flight home on Southwest was $96.[/quote']

Thanks!

Not EZ Air but Delta... In 2016 we booked a flight from Sacramento to Seattle to Fairbanks. Nice and quick. Delta changed the flight and wanted to send us from Sacramento to Los Angeles to Minneapolis/St. Paul to Fairbanks. Something like 18 hours or so. No...freaking...way. I got on the phone and eventually got it sorted but it wasn't quick or easy. Airlines are the most bizarre industry....

We did use EZ Air for our upcoming cruise this November. We booked under the Come Back New promo with free gratuities and "up to" $300 off on flights. We're flying from Sacramento to Los Angeles and back for a grand total of $0.00 as each of our round trip flights came to less than $300. This is our first experience with EZ Air and it's working out quite well for us due to the promo.

This reminds me of a Hawaii cruise we did many years ago on Royal Caribbean which included airfare from LAX to Honolulu.

The cruise around the Hawaiian Islands ended up in Ensenada. So they bused us from Ensenada to San Diego, the border crossing at San Ysidro was a nightmare. Then after waiting for like 4 hours at the airport in San Diego, they flew us to LAX

and from LAX they flew us on a small commuter plane to Ontario, California. We spent the better part of the day travelling.

We live half-way between LA & San Bernardino........if we drove home from San Diego it would have taken us all of 2 hours!!!

That was the craziest flight itinerary ever!

One timean airlines had us scheduled from Dulles to Richmond Va via San Francisco. Said it was an easy flight. Other times they want us to take flights from Dulles via Boston, Chicago or Atlanta. Non stop flight s liss than 2 hours. No telling about airline schedules.

We've always found the flights in and out of Vancouver can be expensive. Maybe it was just the timing but we flew into Seattle and rented a car and drove the 4 hours to Vancouver and dropped the car right at Canada Place. It was much cheaper and took less time. No drop fee was assessed for the rental. There is, also, a train you can catch.

Just speculating, but maybe the EZ Air is computerized and you get what it finds first.

Westjet also flies YVR to LAX and is a cheaper alternative. You can also take Quick Shuttle from Canada Place to Sea-Tac for $59 and catch a much less expensive flight from SEA-LAX. International flights out of YVR has huge taxes and fees.

The flights are already posted, it's less then 330 days out. It's funny that there are a lot of these ridiculous flight paths. I will wait to book my flights when there are some non stop flights which should be 21/2 hours.

Did you use any of the filters to pull up the non stop flights? I've been able to tease out the flights that I want by first going to an airline website, checking for desired flights, and then selecting the parameters such as how many connections, airline, desired arrival time, etc. on the Princess website which otherwise will only show a limited number of what it thinks are the most desirable flights. This has worked for me a couple of times with United and I've been able to book flights that weren't initially shown.

Did you use any of the filters to pull up the non stop flights? I've been able to tease out the flights that I want by first going to an airline website, checking for desired flights, and then selecting the parameters such as how many connections, airline, desired arrival time, etc. on the Princess website which otherwise will only show a limited number of what it thinks are the most desirable flights. This has worked for me a couple of times with United and I've been able to book flights that weren't initially shown.

I used those filters for our YVR/LAX flight on 5/11/19 which is 3 days after the OP. It’s been my experience that flights are gradually added to eZAir & today was the first day of availability.

A connecting flight via SEA is $149/pp and a non-stop is $152 on an American Eagle flight & WestJet is $162...we booked the Flexible airfare on the AA flight.

Being a Flexible airfare we’ll continue to watch for a lower price & for YVR/LAX flights on other cruises have seen n/s flights as low as $125 at the same time of year.

EZ Air is doing weird things. I looked at flights from Boston to Rome for a November TA, and one of the options included a stopover at LAX!

Airlines have always scheduled such wacky routings and it isn’t eZAir who is responsible for such weird things.