Excursion Advice

Facts: July 1-8 on Liberty to Honduras, Belize, Cozumel

Traveling: Me (the mom) and 14 year old son

Have been to Cozumel many times

Have been to Belize once

Never been to Honduras

Son would be fine staying on the ship the entire time and not doing any excursions. I am not interested in venturing out on my own and being separated from him. Also, I am not a fan of excursions where you have 1-2 hour drive to get to a destination. I do like to snorkel but I am not a sun worshiper either so sitting on a beach for hours to work on my non-existent tan is not fun for me. Boy...we sound like fun travelers, don't we??!! We just love the cruise experience, and with the Caribbean it is less about the destination for us, and more about the ship experience.

So I'm thinking we may just get off the ship and hang out in the shops and stuff right at the port. Do a little shopping (I'm not a shopper either!) and maybe eat at a reputable restaurant...whatever that means.

So, having given you all of the parameters to think of, do any of you have suggestions in those 4 ports of great places to eat that would be right at the port, safe for a mom and 14 year old son, and good food/fun place? I've almost never felt unsafe in a port, but have never traveled without an adult male, so I just want to be smart. I'm thinking son will not want to be away from the ship more than 2-3 hours - and if it is blazing hot, I probably won't either.

Thanks for your suggestions!

The only one of those ports I would consider getting off (based on your parameters) would be Belize and do the Zipline/cave tubing. It is a little bit of a ride but well worth it.

Otherwise stay on the ship, which isn't bad anyway.

If it is Routan, Honduras I recommend the Bananarama beach - it is a small beautiful island and you can snorkel right there. Definitely second cave tubing in Belize- one of our most favorite excursions. Cozumel is great- so many choices here and very easy to grab a taxi. We like Chankanab

If it is Routan, Honduras I recommend the Bananarama beach - it is a small beautiful island and you can snorkel right there. Definitely second cave tubing in Belize- one of our most favorite excursions. Cozumel is great- so many choices here and very easy to grab a taxi. We like Chankanab

We did Chankanab once and I loved it too - seemed a little bit quieter than some other places we went. Enjoyed snorkeling there.

The only one of those ports I would consider getting off (based on your parameters) would be Belize and do the Zipline/cave tubing. It is a little bit of a ride but well worth it.

Otherwise stay on the ship, which isn't bad anyway.

OK - on the cave tubing....seriously I'm claustrophobic. Does it get in tight places? That was my biggest concern on that.

For Cozumel, Casa Denis is a great restaurant. It is a block or two from the ocean front street. It is get a lot of locals but is still in the tourist area. However it is cash only.

Alternatively Pancho's Backyard at Los Cinco Soles. It is very good. Los Cinco Soles is an amazing store. I think Pancho's Backyard may have a location at one of the two main cruise ship piers.

Is there an All Inclusive Resort within walking distance from the Pier in Roatan? Also same for Cozumel, Costa Maya and Nassua.