Marnier of the Seas on Oct 22 delayed by 30 mins aleady?!

Just received an email from my TA saying its been delayed till 4:30pm departure time.

I find this strange as it cant be a mechanical issue....and for 30 mins this far out? if there was a problem they have 4 months to fix it.

Anyone else get this email or have an idea what would cause something like this....just seems strange imho.

I got the same notice for my 10/8 cruise on Mariner. It probably just means some ship traffic in the area so they’re staggering their departure times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received an email from my TA saying its been delayed till 4:30pm departure time.

I find this strange as it cant be a mechanical issue....and for 30 mins this far out? if there was a problem they have 4 months to fix it.

Anyone else get this email or have an idea what would cause something like this....just seems strange imho.

I got the notice also. First off, the original sailing time was 5PM, so they bumped it up 30 minutes.

Secondly, who cares? It's thirty minutes.

first off..it does matter...for things like transportation, check in times.....dinning times.......

2nd of all....just because you don't care doesn't mean others don't

3rdly......I have done many cruises and never had one delayed 4 mths out for 30 mins. I am aware of things like mechincal issues or charters etc causing delays but this was the first time this happened.

4....If it was a termincal change, then what would be important as well.

5.....Also...it was always a 4pm departure according to Royal's site and my TA booking confirmation......

Anything else I need to defend here?

Just asked a question for some ideas and answers...not looking for ur 2 cents asking if it matters.

Hi,

I am booked on the December 7, 2018 cruise and received the following message today:

We’d like to provide you with an itinerary update on your upcoming Mariner of the Seas 3 night Bahamas cruise. To help you get an earlier start to your vacation, we have slightly modified your departure time. The ship will now depart Miami, Florida at 4:30 PM, instead of 5:00 PM. As a result of this change, your new check in window is from 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM.

Chuck

No worries! We have 7 Mariner cruises booked and go the email for all of them. It is just a simple time change, nothing to get excited about. Has something to do with ship traffic, etc. But all of ours have been moved to the 4:30 time frame.

first off..it does matter...for things like transportation, check in times.....dinning times.......

3rdly......I have done many cruises and never had one delayed 4 mths out for 30 mins. I am aware of things like mechincal issues or charters etc causing delays but this was the first time this happened.

5.....Also...it was always a 4pm departure according to Royal's site and my TA booking confirmation......

Just asked a question for some ideas and answers...not looking for ur 2 cents asking if it matters.

Since you need to be checked in 90 minutes prior to departure I’m not quite sure how departing a half an hour later is going to affect your scheduled check in or dining times.

While these minor changes aren’t common, they are also not unheard of. It’s just a matter of port scheduling.

Oh my goodness...all this over a 30 min difference in sail time???

Sure hope all goes smoothly on the cruise and they are not late getting into port. Or worse...miss a port!!

:o:o

This is not over 30 mins...I only wondered why it was 30 mins.That was simple question.

The rest was brought on by the snarky remarks and assumptions made and incorrect "facts" that were being thrown around.

I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but I'll bet is a scheduled thing. They may have to do a once a year inspection and its due that date. The last time it happened to be was on Majesty and they had to inspect crew life jackets.

Just curious, have you ever been on cruises before. Small changes in times happen all the time. The main reason, is the port assigns the times, not the cruise line. In major ports, several ships leave within a 2 hour window, and the port schedules the time, not the cruise ship. Also, for any port visiting, the port can also change the arrival time, if they want to.

FYI, my booking was changed. It was 5:00 and now 4:30. It is possible yours was 4:00 changed to 4:30.

How is dinner, and transportation affected by a later time? Dinner will still be 5:30 or 6:00. No change. If you are leaving later, your transportation will not be affected because you can still get on the ship beginning at 11:00 AM. Check in time is nothing new. Just make sure you arrive 90 minutes prior the time.

Also, ships actually do not leave at the time scheduled, and seldom to they arrive someplace exactly as scheduled.