Cruising in August

sunnielang37

I am sure it varies from cruise to cruise and whatnot, but what is the crowd like cruising in mid - late august? meaning.. are there a bunch of kids? We went in July last year, ofcourse summer vacation..and there were so many running around rampet.. just wondering if anyone has been on a late aug cruise & noticed a decrease in youngsters?

thanks

I am sure it varies from cruise to cruise and whatnot, but what is the crowd like cruising in mid - late august? meaning.. are there a bunch of kids? We went in July last year, ofcourse summer vacation..and there were so many running around rampet.. just wondering if anyone has been on a late aug cruise & noticed a decrease in youngsters?

thanks

It depends what cruise line your taking, but, schools are and kids will be cruising.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

thanks

Lots of kids and hot humid and frequent rain especially on Carnival.

I've cruised the last week of August three times & have the 4th coming up this year. My first I was a teen myself & didnt pay attention. The 2nd I was without my kids & dosnt pay attention again, but their presence didnt stand out. Last year I sailed with my kids & there was no shortage of friends to be made at camp (a big plus for us). Based on the group on another site for our upcoming cruise I can tell there will be no shortage this year either. Us northerners dont go back to school until after Labor Day so that last week is still family vacay time. But I know other states are back in session by then so it's maybe less kids than July.

Still, none of my late August cruises compare to my spring break cruise this past March. I'm convinced the adults were outnumbered by the kids. I don't mind kids as a mother myself, but oh my there were A TON! Like the ship actually ran out of ice cream cones by the end. I was sans kids that cruise & was grateful that I didnt have to worry about my 2 being involved in the nonsense behavior I saw. Only cruise in 9 that I ever noticed the presence or behavior of kids.

Our last few cruises were in late August. If you go in the second or third week in August it’s like any other summer cruise with lots of kids. But we noticed a significant drop in kids if we booked the very last week of August or the first week of September. When we had to book in earlier August we just stayed away from the places they congregate at like the main pool area, the arcade, and the sports deck. When we want to be in or by the water we go to the Serenity deck (adults only) and relax in the whirlpool. Or we hang out at the spa (18 & up), the saunas, whirlpool tub, and steam rooms are heaven. You rarely see them at tea time and the finger foods and pastries are awesome. :)

We dep mid August also but don't mind the children as I will be traveling with family that contains 2/12 1/18 year olds... children have never been an issue on any past cruises. Hope you enjoy your cruise

Our last few cruises were in late August. If you go in the second or third week in August it’s like any other summer cruise with lots of kids. But we noticed a significant drop in kids if we booked the very last week of August or the first week of September. When we had to book in earlier August we just stayed away from the places they congregate at like the main pool area, the arcade, and the sports deck. When we want to be in or by the water we go to the Serenity deck (adults only) and relax in the whirlpool. Or we hang out at the spa (18 & up), the saunas, whirlpool tub, and steam rooms are heaven. You rarely see them at tea time and the finger foods and pastries are awesome. :)

That's what I'm hoping for the last week of August. I know kids here will have been back in school for a week or two.

I have cruised the second and the third week in August because I was taking a high school aged grandchild both times.

I wouldn't say the ship was overrun with kids, but there were lots of them.

I took two adult children in late September and there was a noticeable difference.

those last 2 weeks of August historically are very inexpensive bargains if you are flexible because so much is going on at the end of the summer. Plenty of 7 day Caribbean cruises out there for $429-499 pp in that time period

That's what I'm hoping for the last week of August. I know kids here will have been back in school for a week or two.

Since you’re going on the Dream out of NOLA, you will not have as many kids as you’d have on other cruises/ships. We cruised a similar time from there on the Dream, and since I had my kids, I was bummed there weren’t more for them to hang with.