Elite Question

mellon1

We usually stay in a suite on Princess; however, the prices have become way too expensive for what you get and are now looking for just a balcony. Sooooo...my question is....we usually get that blue bag for laundry to fill, do you get that in the room being elite or is it those paper bags?

Second, do you get the better towels in the room?

Thanks. Again...just wondering what the differences are suite vs. balcony.

From last year, we stayed in suite, balcony glass no longer could be cleaned, strawberries were not available and really was not worth the extra money, which was substantial.

We didn't care much for club class, as we always get excellent service in dining room. We prefer to have the same waiter/asst. waiter.

I'm not sure about laundry bags, but we get the blue bag like a carry around bag. For laundry it's paper. As Elites, we get the same complimentary bag containing soap, lip gloss, linen spray, etc., as suite passengers. Bath towels are regular, but you can request bathrobes which often show up 2 days after setting sail. We've never had a suite because we couldn't justify the extra expense. Even a mini suite doesn't interest us either. Can't justify spending extra for 1 additional TV, a bath tub (we only take showers), and a sofa. We spend time on our balcony so to us it's worth it to book a balcony on the Caribe deck.

We usually stay in a suite on Princess; however, the prices have become way too expensive for what you get and are now looking for just a balcony. Sooooo...my question is....we usually get that blue bag for laundry to fill, do you get that in the room being elite or is it those paper bags?

Laundry bags are paper bags. Use as many as you want. You receive a blue tote bag, but it isn't for laundry

Second, do you get the better towels in the room?

No

Thanks. Again...just wondering what the differences are suite vs. balcony.

Smaller single room cabin. No sofa. No tub, shower only.

From last year, we stayed in suite, balcony glass no longer could be cleaned, strawberries were not available and really was not worth the extra money, which was substantial.

Never heard of glass that could not be cleaned. If your balcony glass is really dirty just mention it to the cabin steward and they will clean it. Balcony glass does get the sea spray build up.

We didn't care much for club class, as we always get excellent service in dining room. We prefer to have the same waiter/asst. waiter.

See above

The suite life on Celebrity is much better. ( middle of the road lines) or step up a small bit and head to Oceania.

Get a regular balcony(or mini) on Princess and buy the Sanctuary and specialty dining most nights.

Never did Celebrity before. Good to know.

I'm not sure about laundry bags, but we get the blue bag like a carry around bag. For laundry it's paper. As Elites, we get the same complimentary bag containing soap, lip gloss, linen spray, etc., as suite passengers. Bath towels are regular, but you can request bathrobes which often show up 2 days after setting sail. We've never had a suite because we couldn't justify the extra expense. Even a mini suite doesn't interest us either. Can't justify spending extra for 1 additional TV, a bath tub (we only take showers), and a sofa. We spend time on our balcony so to us it's worth it to book a balcony on the Caribe deck.

Yep, gotta agree, prices with PRINCESS went way up in suite. We are doing balcony this time around and next.

See above

Thanks for the info.

We were in an aft suite on Crown for 30 days and we were told by our steward that the balcony glass could not be cleaned because of environmental reasons and Princess would get fined if they were caught doing it. Others we spoke with in aft suites also verified this. We ended up pouring water over it and wiping with beach towels to see out.

Thanks for the info.

We were in an aft suite on Crown for 30 days and we were told by our steward that the balcony glass could not be cleaned because of environmental reasons and Princess would get fined if they were caught doing it. Others we spoke with in aft suites also verified this. We ended up pouring water over it and wiping with beach towels to see out.

This was likely in Alaska. Indeed their environmental restrictions do not permit the cruise line to clean any exterior windows while in certain areas.

Princess was caught and had to pay a hefty fine for discharging liquids that are not permitted. I imagine they are under the microscope by the authorities watching for any infractions of the rules.

We book mini's quite frequently as we enjoy the sofa particularly on sea days, the extra room and the bathtub although we only take showers. It is nice to have that extra space so that the shower curtain does not adhere to a certain part of the human anatomy. However it would appear that Princess has really increased the price of the mini. We did have cc on our last cruise because I found a great deal one short weekend where it was offered at a very low increase in price. I would never pay the usual price difference however. I and several others wondered at the time if the very low price differential was an accident as it only appeared for that one weekend.

This was likely in Alaska. Indeed their environmental restrictions do not permit the cruise line to clean any exterior windows while in certain areas.

Actually, it was on the Crown doing Caribbean.

Princess was caught and had to pay a hefty fine for discharging liquids that are not permitted. I imagine they are under the microscope by the authorities watching for any infractions of the rules.

We book mini's quite frequently as we enjoy the sofa particularly on sea days, the extra room and the bathtub although we only take showers. It is nice to have that extra space so that the shower curtain does not adhere to a certain part of the human anatomy. However it would appear that Princess has really increased the price of the mini. We did have cc on our last cruise because I found a great deal one short weekend where it was offered at a very low increase in price. I would never pay the usual price difference however. I and several others wondered at the time if the very low price differential was an accident as it only appeared for that one weekend.

Yep, that is what we were told as to why they could not clean it.

Huge difference I agree between mini and mini with CC. I would rather eat in specialty restaurant IMO. Staff was great, but not worth it. Hubby likes looking at the AFT views and loves all the movement and vibrations back there, thus why we didn't do mini. He is going to see if he can survive the shower! I told him he is only in there for a small amount of the time and spends most time on the balcony.