When will Australia see a decent sale from Princess

Hi all

I've recently started looking at taking a cruise on Princess. I see that the US and Canada are about to enjoy a 'Sip N Sail' promotion, which is not available to us Aussie Cruisers. Do Aussie Cruiser get any decent promos from Princess throughout the year?

Tania

Hi all

I've recently started looking at taking a cruise on Princess. I see that the US and Canada are about to enjoy a 'Sip N Sail' promotion, which is not available to us Aussie Cruisers. Do Aussie Cruiser get any decent promos from Princess throughout the year?

Tania

Yes they have some pretty good sales here, but not sip n sail.

Sometime around never. Princess sells well in Australia. You might see some discounting around after final payment date or very close to sailing date. But I always find that their specials are not really specials.

Do Aussie Cruiser get any decent promos from Princess throughout the year?

Tania

When the first Princess ship leaves shore with an empty state room you MAY see a discount offer .... until then, as long as the masses are gobbling up the Princess 'cruise cake' I doubt we can expect to see any decent discount

What about the "fly free" promotion finishing this month? I booked Golden Princess out of Melbourne and received return flights from Perth (on dates of my choosing) as well as large OBC and deluxe balcony breakfast for two. I call that a good deal. The cruise price was not inflated either.

Us is a different market, a lot of last minute stuff for people to get holidays etc. we book a long way in advance, and our cruise market is growing, so they fill the ship easily....

So the bottom line if you are comfortable to pay the fare for your cruise go, if not don't go

But we can live in hope

Don

Todays sale was good to me. I saw a drop of $200 each and OBC of $450 for our cabin. This is a 14 night cruise. The other cruise of 11 nights went up $200 each and only $200 for the total cabin OBC. The latter cruise is more in demand. Both from Europe.

So I am pleased that I have the option of buying a drinks package with the savings, so its a win this time for us as we rebooked the 14 night cruise.

Edited by jcruizer

Todays sale was good to me. I saw a drop of $200 each and OBC of $450 for our cabin. This is a 14 night cruise. The other cruise of 11 nights went up $200 each and only $200 for the total cabin OBC. The latter cruise is more in demand. Both from Europe.

So I am pleased that I have the option of buying a drinks package with the savings, so its a win this time for us as we rebooked the 14 night cruise.

A good result for you, glad you could take advantage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

We just got return flights from Perth to Sydney included in our deal as well as onboard credit. I had booked months ago and then this deal came up and luckily I had only two days left to change. Ended saving about $300 so going to stay in Sydney and extra night or two now

After you make a booking you must keep checking on the cruise price regularly. I do most of my bookings direct with Princess (don't trust Travel agents to do the right thing anymore and they have never given me anything). One cruise after booking, there were two price reductions. On ringing Princess to see if I was eligible for the reduced fare, they reduced the price of my cruise on both occasions. You need to weigh up though when you see some of the sales, that what is being offered actually works out cheaper for you than what you already have.