MDR Attire on 3-4 Day from Long Beach/LA

pseudoware

Anything goes? Are shorts OK? Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I suggest you follow the dress code as provided by carnival. Shorts, but not gym shorts are acceptable except for elegant evening.

From Carnival's FAQs:

Cruise Casual Dress Code

• Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long) and collared polo shirts
  • Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs) blouses and tops
  • Not permitted: Cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Cruise Elegant Dress Code

• Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo
  • Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown
  • Not permitted: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Cruise Elegant Evenings / Formal Nights

The length of the cruise determines the number of 'Cruise Elegant' evenings in the Dining Room. The first 'Cruise Elegant' evening is scheduled for the second or third evening of the cruise and the second 'Cruise Elegant' evening is the second or third evening prior to the end of the cruise, itinerary schedule permitting.

• 2-day to 5-day cruise: one Cruise Elegant evening

Have sailed these cruises many times. We’re very relaxed on the West Coast. You’ll see a wide range of dress for dinner in the MDR.

Last week saw a few guys wearing nice shorts (not basketball) and shirts (no tanks) at dinner. Many were wearing jeans or khakis. Gals wore everything from skorts to sundresses.

Cruise Elegant night many guys usually wear two out of the three- jacket, tie, dress shirt. Some will wear a vest. Gals wear everything from black slacks with a pretty top to cocktail dresses.

Rare few wear suits and gowns. DH wears Hawaiian shirts and khakis every night. I wear capris or skorts, wearing black slacks and a pretty top for CE night.

Breakfast and brunch are extremely casual.

Thanks for the replies.

There's the "dress code", and then there's what people actually wear on a particular itinerary. I'm interested in the latter, and I think I have a pretty good idea, now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk