your favorite NCL memory

what's you most favorite memory from NCL Cruise, be it onboard or at port?

I'll cheat and submit one each. since it made maiden voyage I had wanted to be on Escape and visit the first Margaritaville at Sea. I'm a bit of an over the top Parrothead (jimmy buffett fan). we were at that establishment, dining and drinking, before we left Port Miami. I loved the peace and tranquility of the moment knowing I had a full week of sailing ahead of me. ahhhhhh.

Tortola- Marina Cay....originally I wasn't thrilled with itinerary, stopping at St Thomas and Tortola seemed like a waste of a new boat due to their geograhic proximity to each other let's rev the engines and sail!

boy was I wrong. loved Tortola. we had marina cay pretty much to ourselves. I swam around island and frolicked in the water like a child. and consumed a half dozen painkillers. perfect weather. on way back to town our van cab picked up injured boater and I helped carry him up the steps to the clinic in town. then, as a reward I treated myself to a few Cuban cigars from the only reputable Cuban cigar distributor in Caribbean (At least back then). 20161102_095922.thumb.jpg.2e6e8b088982d356755c489edeab4c7d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

20161102_122043.thumb.jpg.26a6eae6bd7bcb015ca96c80a42b4f4b.jpg

20161102_123301.thumb.jpg.455835cb5a4c27eaa0f1c6d91c2bd12b.jpg

20161102_100245.thumb.jpg.c2840678c2f1ea4dc0fc8de6a064dd00.jpg

favorite memory in port was hitchhiking in Bermuda back to port.

favorite memory on ship probably was NYE, 2016. we welcomed in the new year at ship's midnight (which was 11pm EST) and then did it all over again with Ryan Seacrest an hour later. the whole ship was a party, even the Captain appeared in Bliss!

I don't know if I can pick just one but a couple things come to mind: 1-our favorite port was Skagway where we did an unplanned private tour. Our nest favorite port is Dominica or maybe Barbados.

Most memorable activity on the ship was being on "not so newly wed" show about 3 years ago.

Favorite overall cruise and where we met a lot of awesome people was our first cruise on the Sun. It was also when freestyle was new; we fell in love with it

Can't forget the time (not my first time though) doing the M&G. We were shocked to learn we had VIP treatment including eating in the special dining area. I have never done a M&G because I wanted special treatment but I do have to admit it was fun.

Seeing the Holy Land and other parts of the Middle East that we have given up on ever visiting due to the conditions of the region. A miracle happened and NCL offered one in 2016. It has not happened again in their itineraries. Am glad for the wonderful experience.

I know it wasn't everyone's cup of tea when they had this but the best memory I have was attending the Second City Improv Show on the Breakaway. Why it was memorable was that we dragged(literally and under threat) our 2 14 year olds to the first show only to find that they really enjoyed it. So much so that they begged us to go again, which we gladly did (2 more times).

I met an interesting man in the Epic Solo Lounge a year and a half ago and found out that he lives half an hour away from me. We’ve been together ever since, and we have a cruise planned in January back on the Epic! That’s my favorite memory.

NCL Sky, first time in a aft penthouse suite. The balcony covers both the living room and bedroom. Very early one morning I rolled over in bed and looked out at the horizon. It was right before dawn and the planets you normally don't see with the naked eye were just so big and buzzing right where the ocean met the sky. I did not have to try to find them or try to get the right angle with a telescope. It was just a roll over and my eyes in bed were parallel to this stellar astronomical show.

Sitting at O'Sheehans for breakfast the last full day of our cruise to Canaga & New England. My partner said he saw something out the window, so we took a better look and it was a whale! A few minutes later we saw several dolphins. And then we continued to spot whales and dolphins all morning long! It was so amazing and surprising.

And, as sad as I was that the cruise was nearly over, I cannot say enough about how beautiful the view from our balcony was the morning we pulled back into NYC.

IBBjv1l6hkCVWNqiqzhWd10Z3THtWMrFOx5aiHzJmp9_6u00wcYVLJnRwJK_yFoG5IgWr58ymssu3W7e0AgPjsADRUSXjQdq1OBj9jFyQwFPf6Uo6wZS-tgJTbfaaVF_u4pzM849WV5q4gyKp4GGCadyb2-geA6oFc5iT-txPTznIBteqMlcml4m3DX08wMa2KRSp-meRvTmCRLNvgv0D2YwcRPqPULqYZSruxqugFcYlt3Rcwxs_C3awqTnJOyW-x3WwbNUoj9CcX9jS9fO58shEG5xdUFQ1uH24P5dxVoc5FoYBxNheQ1Kn55NXljwp-t9fbz6yKzYWmlUmp2dmX7LMnquMhqSne2jVw16R4zAmDMCYoEHJJ8wDCTsRnY6IxqTGCVl6qBMu_7r6ji2YOAFgSizADkpIMpFD3tW0gVZI05Ec0FHGt27BTiTRBUXhtuIvRgM-6e34uOk_1_9Z__qbyWLEAne7r00WJOvyNlXYmKksdhm2X96WLoz4rBnD-QDCDXTrfjRL_J2ZsaUY8ygU6oIZK9ZK5OJ48jfRceusqdCRg50zGsNN_wgBWUjgCH4hOWP4shKzAjGPSt1yOEfUdkJTofQWH7YdvC43SrUUeGM7yyhBLwn47sIggTMOtSZFzj6ThWlPdcLp5rd4YWrKGT0dOGZ=w1312-h984-no

Two... one staff and one place.

On the Escape, My 9 year old daughter and I are walking around the lower deck, we passed by the 5 o'clock somewhere bar. They had a few customers, but were not super busy. Clarence "The Chocolate cowboy" , stopped us and started up a conversation with my daughter and I. He was super nice, super friendly and made her a custom blended drink. He probably spent 20 minutes chatting with us. The rest of cruise, she wanted to stop by every day to say hi and get a new blended concoction. Our next cruise... First thing she wanted to do was go see him. He remembered us, was sad as he had no blender this trip, but ran inside to make her something special. He is a great NCL employee and really did go out of his way to make our trip special, even for a 9 year old.

The other was our stop at Jost Van Dyke... Heaven on earth. Love that beach

Our Golden Wedding Anniversary leaving Buenos Aires March 26th 2016!!

Finding the Star still in Singapore after we had debarked the previous day!! Then finding about all the problems that we luckily missed. Had we not been on from Rome we may well have been on the ill fated voyage north.

The wonderful people, both staff and pax, we have met over the years.

Pisco Sour!!!

The "floor show" out of the dining room windows one evening as we ate dinner; dolphins everywhere.

Seeing the Holy Land and other parts of the Middle East that we have given up on ever visiting due to the conditions of the region. A miracle happened and NCL offered one in 2016. It has not happened again in their itineraries. Am glad for the wonderful experience.

We were on the second to last cruise ...years earlier. Later HolyLand itineries were changed due to heavy cancellations during the Arab Spring.

We sailed into Israel, with Hamas firing rockets. If they had started firing just a day earlier we probably would have diverted. It made for an interesting two days in Israel. Egypt was calm, but I’ll never forget the welcome back to the ship by the crew in Alexandria after our port time in Eygpt.

It remains not only our favorite cruise (and we’ve moved up to Oceania since) but our favorite trip.

For us, hands down, seeing the Great Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza during our 2010 Jade trip.

Learned the hard way though, that when the nice Egyptian Policeman said he would take our picture, it would cost us $5.00 to get our camera back!

For us, hands down, seeing the Great Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza during our 2010 Jade trip.

Learned the hard way though, that when the nice Egyptian Policeman said he would take our picture, it would cost us $5.00 to get our camera back!

LOL..or the same amount to have the camel kneel down for you to get off after the camel ride.

Our first cruise in 2010 on the ncl spirit for 15 nights. We had never been anywhere outside of New England before. Our first excursion was to jost van dyke. We were speechless when seeing how beautiful the water and beach were. We had never imagined it could be that wonderful. Have been hooked on cruising since then.

what's you most favorite memory from NCL Cruise, be it onboard or at port?

I'll cheat and submit one each. since it made maiden voyage I had wanted to be on Escape and visit the first Margaritaville at Sea. I'm a bit of an over the top Parrothead (jimmy buffett fan). we were at that establishment, dining and drinking, before we left Port Miami. I loved the peace and tranquility of the moment knowing I had a full week of sailing ahead of me. ahhhhhh.

Tortola- Marina Cay....originally I wasn't thrilled with itinerary, stopping at St Thomas and Tortola seemed like a waste of a new boat due to their geograhic proximity to each other let's rev the engines and sail!

boy was I wrong. loved Tortola. we had marina cay pretty much to ourselves. I swam around island and frolicked in the water like a child. and consumed a half dozen painkillers. perfect weather. on way back to town our van cab picked up injured boater and I helped carry him up the steps to the clinic in town. then, as a reward I treated myself to a few Cuban cigars from the only reputable Cuban cigar distributor in Caribbean (At least back then). [ATTACH]424071[/ATTACH][ATTACH]424072[/ATTACH][ATTACH]424073[/ATTACH][ATTACH]424074[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

My favorite NCL memory was having the opportunity to listen to and meet the musician/singer Leo.

He is able to memorize the names of all those who come to listen to him every evening.

On my second NCL cruise he saw me and said "Lenny from NY,how are you doing?"

A few:

- Seeing the Statue of Liberty for the first time sailing out of Manhattan

- Margarita Tasting on The Jewel in 2011. BEST bartender ever at that Tex-Mex restaurant that used to be on board. For $15, I had 6 drinks :D He gave us all trivia and riddles to win drinks. When I won a seventh, I actually had to give it away.

- The sing-along and balloon drop on the Sun and Dawn. Richard Matic is my favorite Cruise Director ever, and I believe he is the master-mind of this.

- Watching the crew do "Fountains" on all four of my cruises. I heard it may be gone now :(

- Every time the crew sings the "You are a Norwegian Now" song and they all come up on stage. My favorite way hands down to end an amazing vacation!

Our favorite NCL memory was the annual 50's/60's cruises on the SS Norway back in the late 90's. Was not one of these "book through a certain agency at ridiculously inflated prices so you can get into the 'private' shows." The entertainers repeated their shows during the week so every passenger had a chance to go. Paul Revere & the Raiders, Little Anthony (remember the Imperials?), Gary Lewis (remember the Playboys?), Mary Wilson (remember the Supremes?) and others that I can't remember at the moment. There was a live morning show on the pool deck with a "Cousin Brucie"-type DJ. And the entertainers moved freely among the passengers and had no problem if you wanted to stop and chat or have a drink with them. Ahhh... The good old days....

I have to agree with you on the Norway, late 90s, Rock and Roll cruise. We had an amazing time and enjoyed every moment of that cruise. That ship got me addicted to cruising and we have cruise every year since then.

First night with extended family on board the Spirit, July 2013, having tea and sweets late at night on the back deck, so happy to be with loved ones on the trip of a lifetime, warm Mediterranean wind blowing, 12 days stretching out ahead of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums