QM2 late to NYC for June 19th Crossing

Due to a medical emergency, the QM2 will be 10-12 hours late arriving NYC. Our crossing will board at 7:00. I am sure this messes up Dinner and sail away but, what are you going to do? CUnard is setting up a hospitality suite at the Shearaton if anyone is so inclided to sit with 2600 people waiting and waiting. We will make the most of it.

As I understand it, Commodore Warwick does not like to be late.

I don't know if it's physically possible to arrive on schedule, but it will be interesting to see how much time the ship makes up.

Crouton

I know! I am a bit dissappointed as leaving NYC is so special especially on this ship (first time). Also, dinner is a wash as we will be boarding during our dinner seating. Knowing the NYC Passenger Ship terminal is going to be a mess.

Offical boardind is now 7:00PM, ugh!

I'm with you guys and when I take my early morning walk tomorrow morning fully expect to see her sailing into Lower New York Bay - approaching the Narrows around 5-5:30. (Will be waiting on the beach walking my neighbors puppies I am babysitting binoculars ready).

Jeanne

Never underestimate the capabilities of Commodore Warwick. We were on the Maiden Westbound Transatlantic Crossing, and encountered a force 10 gale which slowed us down for three days. The fourth day was pea soup fog, which kept us from making up much of our loss. When my husband, who was to meet us at the dock, called Cunard on the day before we arrived, they were hedging their bets and told him we would be arriving three to four hours late. However, the night before we arrived in NY, Commodore Warwick announced that we would be arriving on schedule - and sure enough, the next morning, there we were at 5:00am just off the Ambrose Lightship, right on schedule. There was a lot riding on our voyage - the Today Show broadcast live from the Commodore Club, and the Coast Guard, two marching bands, the Mayor and many Carnival Execs were waiting at the dock. Still, we made up in one day what we had lost in four - we were full steam ahead and doing over 30. If there is any way to bring the QM2 in on schedule, Commodore Warwick will find it, but Cunard is obviously hedging their bets. Play it by ear but be prepared to board at your appointed time.

My wife and I are on the Carnival Miracle waiting to deembark and I wanted to let you all know that the QM 2 just arrived at the pier.

Walter

6/12/04 2nd Anniversary on The Carnival Miracle

inlove.gif

6/2003 Carnival Legend

1st Anniversary

inlove.gif

6/2002 Celebrity Mercury

Honeymoon

Thank you so much, Walter!

We're here on the East Side anxiously awaiting to board at the revised later time, and our friends on the West Side are all away so we couldn't ask anyone to look out a window for us!!! -- Daffydilly

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cruise Dragon:

My wife and I are on the Carnival Miracle waiting to deembark and I wanted to let you all know that the QM 2 just arrived at the pier. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you, Walter.

So, does that mean that she was a little less than two hours late as opposed to the original 10-12? (Can we call it, say, 1 1/2 hours? icon_razz.gif)

Crouton

considering we had a man overbpoard and a medical evacuation which put us about 14 hours behind I guess arrving at 11:30 am to the port of NY wasnt too bad. Needless to say this was not a good week for the qm2 and captian Wright.

md

At 9:10 pm we drove by the pier and saw the awesome sight of the QM2 docked in NY harbor. Their is a crescent moon and the temp is 77.. it is an amazing night to be on the QM2 in NY harbor getting ready to depart for England.

All you lucky passengers, I hope that you have a grand trip.

• 9 years later...
Due to a medical emergency' date=' the QM2 will be 10-12 hours late arriving NYC. Our crossing will board at 7:00. I am sure this messes up Dinner and sail away but, what are you going to do? CUnard is setting up a hospitality suite at the Shearaton if anyone is so inclided to sit with 2600 people waiting and waiting. We will make the most of it.[/quote']

There isn't a June 19th crossing. We are on the June 13th crossing New York to Southampton??

This thread dates back to 2004!

My wife and I were on that June 11-19, 2004, Caribbean cruise on QM2. It was our first time on Queen Mary 2 and it we shall always remember it for that, not for the delays caused by a suicide on the 16th and by a med evac on the 17th.

As I recall Captain Paul Wright made up much of the time lost (fuel was cheaper then) and we were only five hours or so late docking in New York.

• 4 years later...

My wife and I were on the Carnival Miracle waiting to disembark and to this day, I remember how impressed I was to see the QM2 back in to the Pier so effortlessly , I remember saying to my wife, MoonBaby that it looked like the Captain was backing this huge ship into a car parking space.

Walter