nanwel

nanwel

Quick question - do I need to pack my electrical outlet to change the voltage for my Canadian 2 prong phone charger and curling iron?

I am going on Deliziosa in March - trying to plan ahead (haha). Anything else I will need on that ship that would be unique? I have cruised many times 30ish - but never on Costa.

I am sure someone asked this - but could not find it.

Thanks

Thank you,

sorry, I knew I did not write this correctly, happens sometimes - had been busy reading looking for the answer, and just sent off my question without thinking.

And, Mary Ann - thank you for the answer. No my phone does not have dual voltage. But thanks to your answer, I know I can just plug it in to charge it and use my curing iron without taking a dual volatage outlet - 1 less thing to pack/carry.

A single 110v outlet, a short extension cord is useful (note: nothing with a surge protector, they are a fire hazard on ships). The 220v outlet is 60 Hz, shouldn't be a problem for most items. I don't use curling irons so can't offer advice. There's a 110v shaver outlet in the bathroom, really awkward.

The Deliziosa is like most new ships, there an electrical main switch you have to insert a card, all the electricity cuts off when you take out the card.

Gee Bob no curly little wisps. haha

Thanks, I know they put those electric outlets in the bathrooms in the hardest places ( I am only 4 10) - at least my curling iron and phone do not need to be in the bathroom.

I will carry a short regular extension cord, come's in handy for things. I like to plug my phone in overnight, but do not like to leave it across the room, use it as an alarm clock.

Funny, everything runs on time, and a lot of cruise ships do not give you a clock. And before someone reminds me, yes, I can book a wake up call, but prefer my own alarm. Not so jolting!