Advice on one way flights

Grandma Cruising

But what in the world are you looking at that is giving you "an idea of prices" for flights that far off that are not yet being sold? There isn't anything you could look at now that would reliably tell you what a flight might cost almost 2 years from now.
To be fair, the kind of travel that the OP is looking at is likely to have reasonably stable prices, together with predictable uncertainty. On my most frequent routes, I have a pretty good idea of what the price band should be if I have to buy a ticket using year-round prices, and the sort of price which is good to find in a sale (plus the sort of price which is "meh"). Occasionally, there will be some absolute bargain because of some event or marketing brainwave, but at least that uncertainty is predictable too: you either get lucky or you don't.

In that kind of market, there is no harm looking at prices to get a feel for what there normally is, and what the normal run of variation is.

And so far as one-way long-haul business class is concerned, on an airline like BA it's likely to be even more predictable than what I've been describing.

I think you're misunderstanding that suggestion. The idea is to reserve another TA for the spring, then you can book a round-trip ticket from Europe, to Miami in November and back to Europe in the spring. It's a clever way of solving the one-day way air issue.
OH MY Gosh! This is so smart - If I can talk my better half into doing this...Two TA's and one airfare. Genius. Thank you!

Have you thought about doing a second TA in the opposite direction? If you can't find one coming back and/or can't be gone that long in one stretch, maybe one for the following season? Buy a round trip ticket, Fly to Europe, cruise home, the following spring, cruise back to Europe and use the return portion of your ticket to fly back home.

Presumes I would be happy to do 2 TAs in a year. As I’ve never done one yet, I don’t know if I’d be happy to do another one. Worth thinking about though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums