Laundry Summit..shrink?

goingplaces1132

So that has been a question I have regarding laundry! My clothes are leggings and cotton shirts. I'm concerned about shrinking. Any laundry experience? We have Elite status that gives us a free bag of laundry. I will pack less, but I don't want to risk ruining clothes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just my experience. I sent a nice dress shirt to the laundry and it came back a different size. So much that I did a double check to ensure that it was my shirt. We have now limited sent items to t-shirts/underwear and socks with no issues.

We only use the laundry for items we can afford to lose or shrink.

We get 1 bag each.

We do 1 load of whites..undies tees and socks, and one load of non shrinkable darks..socks, tees etc.

They use hot water..items come back clean and sometimes with little white tags...scratchy if not removed.

I would wash delicates, knits in the sink and drip dry in shower!

I wouldn’t send legging, cotton blouse, dresses, nice tops or pants to the wash & fold laundry. Hot wash & high heat dry, we use wash & fold for jeans, DH,s undies, socks, hankies, our work out clothes, & t-shirts.

For dress shirts, dresses, suit, my tops we use the regular by the piece laundry or dry cleaning and have not had a problem. I do some hand wash of delicate items in the sink.

We do not send anything of quality to the laundry. DW refuses to use it, I will send out t-shirts, socks, underwear etc. anything else is dry cleaned. We were warned years ago about the hot water washing. everything I send out has been laundered many times at home so no worries of shrinkage.

Included in the laundry we sent out was one long sleeved shirt that shrunk so much it was invisible. I’m still hoping someone’s shirt shows up to replace mine the next time we sent some out.

And if one has a pants that needs pressing the seam will start out as a monorail, then a birail then a trirail. I’m waiting for a Los Angeles expressway by the time we finish our cruising season on Equinox.

The self serve laundry is something I miss when not on Princess. I love packing clean clothes to go home, instead of sweaty, musty dirty ones. I don’t trust sending it out, especially after hearing so many people report shrunken clothes. Additionally, the thought that our clothes are washed with other people’s bothers me.

I won't send anything that might shrink to the laundry. Hence the reason why I don't attempt to win the "World's Lightest Packer" award and do a two week cruise (plus a few days at either end) with a carry-on only, and pack what I need. I do send tough man-made fabric clothing, or cheap stuff that I wear on sea days. If its damaged - and that has never happened to me - c'est la vie.