DCL Itinerary Releases?

lec2017

Hello all! Just off the Magic and already looking to book our next cruise. We are hoping to do a 2019 Alaska or 2020 Western Caribbean so I was wondering when Disney usually releases itineraries. Or how far in advance should I be checking the site?

Hello all! Just off the Magic and already looking to book our next cruise. We are hoping to do a 2019 Alaska or 2020 Western Caribbean so I was wondering when Disney usually releases itineraries. Or how far in advance should I be checking the site?

Here's a recent thread about this very subject:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2596448

Basically, 15-18 months out is when itineraries are released. Most of the time. Not always.

Rumors have upcoming release dates as:

Summer 2019 - 2/28 to 4/18

Fall 2019 - sometime around 5/18

For Alaska, I would seriously look at Princess. They have the contracts for Alaska that allow them to go to a lot of areas where DCL cannot go. There are a lot of similarities, but also some differences between the lines. There aren't any mice running around on Princess.

The thing is that in Alaska, it is all about the scenery and the wildlife. We saved a bundle by not booking DCL, and used that money to do high end excursions. Princess has kid programming...a little different than DCL's, but more similar than different. The ships aren't as pretty and the whole thing isn't kid oriented, but it is a great cruise. The only kicker--the cabins are tiny compared to DCL. You have to go to a mini-suite to get space comparable to DCL. But, to put things in perspective, our next cruise is in a full suite on Princess and is costing us half the price of a cat 6 balcony on DCL.

I agree with both moki'smommy and alsaka_planner. We did Princess southbound from Whittier to Vancouver. Got to see Hubbard Glacier and spent more time in Glacier Bay. While I regret not having the time to see Denali, we did fly into ANchorage two days early and toured Anchorage, plus with the late departure out of Whittier, we took the train to Whittier and did a tour called the 26 Glacier Tour, which allowed us to see a lot of local wildlife and glaciers. When we docked in Vancouver, we spent a few days there as well.