Dry dock summit feb 2019

allegiant

It is rumored that Summit will enter Drydock on January 29th 2019 for anywhere from 45-60 days. If your cruise is affected Celebrity will notify you or your travel agent once it is confirmed by them that your cruise is cancelled. To date I have not heard of anyone receiving these emails, so it is possible the dates are not yet firm.

I have also received notice. This upsets me greatly. We are fortunate that we can rebook, but I would never cruise Celebrity again because of it. I shouldn't have to wonder, except in the case of a horrific disaster, whether or not my vacation reservations will remain intact. They said there would be no airfare reimbursement ts, either. Fortunately we had not booked yet.

I have also received notice. This upsets me greatly. We are fortunate that we can rebook, but I would never cruise Celebrity again because of it. I shouldn't have to wonder, except in the case of a horrific disaster, whether or not my vacation reservations will remain intact. They said there would be no airfare reimbursement ts, either. Fortunately we had not booked yet.

We are also on a Feb 23 cruise and affected, but no notification yet. Almost all cruise lines have major schedule changes when they open the itineraries up so far in advance. IT is disappointing, but before you say you'll never cruise Celebrity again, why not wait and see if they don't offer you something you like? And why would they offer any flight reimbursements? No airlines have posted any flights that far out yet.

I agree with Bob. Don't rant about no airline reimbursement as an excuse to bail from Celebrity when airlines don't even book that far in advance. I believe that the 2019 bookings should never have been released, when Celebrity knew the extended drydocks were happening. Would have saved grief and hassle for loyal Celebrity guests. When the October upgrade announcement was made, I believe the schedule mentioned went into 2023. So Celebrity can't claim ignorance. Let's hope they learn from their mistakes, do the right thing and not release future S class booking dates that conflict with any updates of these ships.