Regent Seven Seas "SuiteGuru" - quick reviews & ratings of Regent Seven Seas suites!

Absolutely great idea for informing passengers of their future Cabins. You have done an OUTSTANDING JOB and one of the best Posts I have ever reviewed. We are in 671 on the Explorer for a April 12th Cruise and the review of this room made both of us feeling very comfortable being in this Suite. Thanks again Bill

:D You’re quite welcome - thanks for the accolades - I’m glad people are finding this useful. Hopefully people will keep contributing and making this an even better resource.

Thanks again,

Bill

Bill,

Here is my review of Mariner cabin 1002, which we are currently staying in.

BB - got your update in. I guessed at your recommendation and set it to “Probably” due to your comment about the door. Please let me know if you’d like me to change that to “Absolutely”. Thanks so much for your submission!

On the Explorer, the website indicates that the beds in Superior and Concierge suites face the balcony door. This sounded very nice, as I like to lie on a bed and look straight out at views, here, out at the ocean (always have to kink my neck sideways in the base SB and SS veranda suites as first comes the couch, then the balcony). But then I looked at the virtual tour which shows the balcony door on one side, on the left, then a wall with a piece of art on it which the bed faces directly, and then a small window on the right.

So your direct view is of a wall, windows are sideways. I wonder why they did it that way, insteas of putting supports on the sides of the rooms, they put them right in the middle, blocking much of the view.

Or maybe it is nicer in real life. Has anyone cruised with such an arrangement? If so, was it to you better than it looks in the virtual tour, , and better than the base veranda suites where you have to turn sideways to see the sea? I realize much is subjective.

We sailed on Explorer last year in a concierge suite. The actual living area at the couch felt cramped I felt. Yes the bed faces the sea, but as you say it’s slightly off center but the view seemed fine enough. Balcony was huge, but this depends on location.

There is plenty storage and the walk in wardrobe is very large and the bathroom is very well appointed. All in all I feel it is a great choice of suite. Jean.

We sailed on Explorer last year in a concierge suite. The actual living area at the couch felt cramped I felt. Yes the bed faces the sea, but as you say it’s slightly off center but the view seemed fine enough. Balcony was huge, but this depends on location.

There is plenty storage and the walk in wardrobe is very large and the bathroom is very well appointed. All in all I feel it is a great choice of suite. Jean.

Just off the Explorer; we stayed in E609 {DD and son-in-law stayed in E608}. They are great cabins. F cabins are spacious; have lots of storage (we had 3 empty drawers in both the bed area and in the bathroom). Cabins 608 & 609 are very convenient to elevators (forward has 4) and stairs plus has the very large verandah. NOTE: the published deck plans are misleading. Rather than cabin door being right at the elevator waiting area as shown, the cabin door is off-set from an elevator's access by about 10 feet - NO elevator noise! Also, the cabin door is off-set by about 6 feet from the (carpeted) stairs; we never heard any foot traffic. The cabins' verandahs are centered between the Tenders directly below but on the Explorer, the Tenders are "tucked-n when stored and don't block any view. You do hear noise when they are deployed. Again, we heartily recommend both Cabins 608 and 609.

Sorry Bill but I can't figure out how to use your spread sheet.

Navigator 1000 Master Suite 1067 sq. feet forward.

There is a side and front balcony. During this Pacific cruise and on a previous Alaskan cruise the front balcony cannot be used while sailing because of the winds...my head almost blew off. Our dining table was never unstrapped in 29 days. There were very few days that our chair cushions were even put on!

Storage is outstanding.

The room layout is beautiful.

Bridge is above but noise was no problem.

I would recommend but know that once at sea you may not be able to use front $$$$ balcony.

Explorer 966 Master Suite aft 1,114 sq feet

Balcony ginormous. 994 sq. feet

The room is unbelievable! It has a grand piano which we surprisingly used quite a bit. But the main living area feels cramped and the small, 2 person sofa, is uncomfortable.

Master closet is small! There is not a lot of storage.

Master bath is taking its cue from the balcony and is ginormous!

Noise is a problem with Chartruese above. You hear chairs scraping all evening. Because of this I would recommend the 8th floor over 9th. But I would tolerate the noise than not use the master.

Second bedroom was very nice.

Again the balcony is very windy! We did a TA and while it was more functional than the Navigator balcony there were days when we couldn't use it. We had 2 friends on with us, both mid ship. One in concierge and one in Explorer suite....they could use their balconies every day.

Sorry Bill but I can't figure out how to use your spread sheet.

Navigator 1000 Master Suite 1067 sq. feet forward.

There is a side and front balcony. During this Pacific cruise and on a previous Alaskan cruise the front balcony cannot be used while sailing because of the winds...my head almost blew off. Our dining table was never unstrapped in 29 days. There were very few days that our chair cushions were even put on!

Storage is outstanding.

The room layout is beautiful.

Bridge is above but noise was no problem.

I would recommend but know that once at sea you may not be able to use front $$$$ balcony.

Explorer 966 Master Suite aft 1,114 sq feet

Balcony ginormous. 994 sq. feet

The room is unbelievable! It has a grand piano which we surprisingly used quite a bit. But the main living area feels cramped and the small, 2 person sofa, is uncomfortable.

Master closet is small! There is not a lot of storage.

Master bath is taking its cue from the balcony and is ginormous!

Noise is a problem with Chartruese above. You hear chairs scraping all evening. Because of this I would recommend the 8th floor over 9th. But I would tolerate the noise than not use the master.

Second bedroom was very nice.

Again the balcony is very windy! We did a TA and while it was more functional than the Navigator balcony there were days when we couldn't use it. We had 2 friends on with us, both mid ship. One in concierge and one in Explorer suite....they could use their balconies every day.

Crisy - I pasted in your reviews - I kind of split your comments into the cells and guessed a bit at the overall ratings. Please take a look and see if there’s anything you’d like me to change or move around. Thank you for taking the time to submit your experiences and reviews!

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
Bill, Here is my cabin review for the Explorer 917 (PH-A)

Thanks

Thank you for the detailed cabin write up. It’s been added to the spreadsheet. I did take the liberty of adding a note to your comments regarding the US style outlet in the bathroom. Thanks!

Voyager suite 1055

Excellent aft suite, enormous wrap around balcony with room for a chaise long as well as 2 seats and a small table. The balcony does not show up on deck plans on either the website or in brochures. No aft vibration or noise as too high above pods. You are under la veranda outside bit but does not disturb . A very good choice we will aim for next time we cruise on the Voyager.

Voyager suite 1055

Excellent aft suite, enormous wrap around balcony with room for a chaise long as well as 2 seats and a small table. The balcony does not show up on deck plans on either the website or in brochures. No aft vibration or noise as too high above pods. You are under la veranda outside bit but does not disturb . A very good choice we will aim for next time we cruise on the Voyager.

Got your review posted - thanks for your input!

Mariner. What a wonderful suite. Our niece joined us and it was a great sail. It will be much nicer after the refurb.

John, I posted your review from the inputs you provided. Let me know if it reads the way you want it to. Thanks for the input!!

Eliana, the links to all of the spreadsheets are right in the first post in this thread. They’re named by ship except for the one that’s the template to fill in if you want to contribute.

Let me know if you have any trouble finding them.

Thanks!

Explorer - Suite 1009 - Explorer Suite. Directly below Culinary Arts Kitchen. Noise was much worse than when we have been directly below the pool deck. Loud stomping noises and lots of commotion well into the night and again in the morning. Suite didn't seem as large as it should have due to excessive amount of furniture. Very small table for four people only. Poor traffic pattern. Large jacuzzi tub had mold in the jets. Bathroom counter extremely low to accommodate large vessel sinks. Would not recommend.