Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas Questions

Obits

Hello,

We are set to sail out of Cape May on the Anthem of the Seas in May. I have been on one cruise (Celebrity) years ago, but have some questions.

1. How much money should I budget? It is my son and I. Gratuities have already been paid. I do not drink.

2. We were given a 2N-GTY cabin. I understand the GTY means that RC will assign us a cabin, but what does the 2N mean?

3. We will be in Bermuda overnight, is there a set time we have to be back on the ship when we are docked overnight?

4. Does anyone know what the Internet costs and is it worth it?

5. We are very excited about the indoor skydiving. How do we book our times for that?

Anything else I should know? Thank you !!

Hello,

We are set to sail out of Cape May on the Anthem of the Seas in May. I have been on one cruise (Celebrity) years ago, but have some questions.

1. How much money should I budget? It is my son and I. Gratuities have already been paid. I do not drink.

2. We were given a 2N-GTY cabin. I understand the GTY means that RC will assign us a cabin, but what does the 2N mean?

3. We will be in Bermuda overnight, is there a set time we have to be back on the ship when we are docked overnight?

5. We are very excited about the indoor skydiving. How do we book our times for that?

As mentioned, best to post this in the dedicated RC forum.

Hello,

1. I would plan on $1,000 per person for a 1 week cruise.

2. A 2N is an oceanview cabin like this:

3. No set time, many people get off the ship in Bermuda with their golf clubs and go check into a golf resort in a remote area of the island so they can get up early the next day and play golf. If the ship is there overnight, you can stay out as late as you want.

4. $30 per day without a package, $20 per day with a package and 50% off for a second device. Anthem has Voom internet - supposed to be the fastest there is. As to if it is worth it, only you and your son know if it is worth it to you both.

5. On your cruise reservation on the RCCL website go to Activities - that is where you book your Ifly experience. I believe they are charging for skydiving - something like $26 per minute. You can also book NorthStar on there.

1. I would plan on $1,000 per person for a 1 week cruise.

2. A 2N is an oceanview cabin like this:

3. No set time, many people get off the ship in Bermuda with their golf clubs and go check into a golf resort in a remote area of the island so they can get up early the next day and play golf. If the ship is there overnight, you can stay out as late as you want.

4. $30 per day without a package, $20 per day with a package and 50% off for a second device. Anthem has Voom internet - supposed to be the fastest there is. As to if it is worth it, only you and your son know if it is worth it to you both.

5. On your cruise reservation on the RCCL website go to Activities - that is where you book your Ifly experience. I believe they are charging for skydiving - something like $26 per minute. You can also book NorthStar on there.

Yikes, $1000 each? Assuming we do not shop or drink what else could we spend that much money on? :o

Yikes, $1000 each? Assuming we do not shop or drink what else could we spend that much money on? :o

Transportation from airport to ship and from ship to airport, tours, taxis, ferries, pay beaches, entrance fees to various attractions, tips for baggage handlers, unexpected items you might need or replacements for items you forgot to pack, etc. Basically $1000 each gives each person $142 a day spending money. Some days - such as days at sea - you won't spend that much, other days you will spend all of it and more. If you are out on an excursion, you will need cash for tips and if it is an all day excursion, you may want to buy lunch. Other people don't spend money on excursions and just walk around at the ports but even if that is all you do, you may reach a point where you are tired and want to take a taxi back to the ship or buy a bottle of water. Sometimes unexpected things happen, like the time we went to Bermuda and rain and high winds cancelled all excursions. We wanted to see at least some of the island and the Ferry was not running - too dangerous to be out on the water - so we hired a taxi driver to take us on a 4 hour tour and that cost $250. But it was better to have that unexpected expense and actually get to see some of the island than to be there and only see the port area.

Transportation from airport to ship and from ship to airport, tours, taxis, ferries, pay beaches, entrance fees to various attractions, tips for baggage handlers, unexpected items you might need or replacements for items you forgot to pack, etc. Basically $1000 each gives each person $142 a day spending money. Some days - such as days at sea - you won't spend that much, other days you will spend all of it and more. If you are out on an excursion, you will need cash for tips and if it is an all day excursion, you may want to buy lunch. Other people don't spend money on excursions and just walk around at the ports but even if that is all you do, you may reach a point where you are tired and want to take a taxi back to the ship or buy a bottle of water. Sometimes unexpected things happen, like the time we went to Bermuda and rain and high winds cancelled all excursions. We wanted to see at least some of the island and the Ferry was not running - too dangerous to be out on the water - so we hired a taxi driver to take us on a 4 hour tour and that cost $250. But it was better to have that unexpected expense and actually get to see some of the island than to be there and only see the port area.

Ok, this makes me feel better. I thought you meant $1000 in addition to my planned excursions and transport to and from the port. Whew. :-)