Cruise Deals Calendar?

Xiteer

My wife and I are luckily in a situation where we can plan to cruise most any time of the year. We just got started cruising last year and it looks like this is going to be something that we are going to look to do many more times.

I have been looking for some sort of database of past cruise deals or a deals calendar that covers all the major cruise lines -- I'm interested in knowing when historically different lines have run their best deals.

It seems like all the major american lines are always running some sort of "deal" which is pretty much the same over and over again (looking at you NCL with your best deal ever emails that is the exact same deal you are always running).

Has anyone found a database that tracks this kind of thing? Ideally I would like to find myself in a situation where I get an alert one morning saying "Cruise Line XYZ is running their once a year best deal ever" and we could book then.

Thanks!

This is a great idea. Unfortunately I don’t know of anything but perhaps someone else does. Maybe a travel agent would have this info? I know there are apps that alert you when airfare prices drop on routes you choose. Maybe there’s one that would do the same for cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know of any such information readily available on line. There may be some cruise agents that keep track of when and how often cruise lines offer specials. All cruise lines have what are called "peak" and "off peak" prices. Obviously, "peak " prices will be higher when the demand is higher, such as during the summer months when children are out of school. "Off peak" prices will be lower when demand is much lower. And if a particular category on a certain ship for a specific itinerary is not selling well for some reason, the cruise line might drop the price in order to fill up the ship. It might be to your advantage to seek out a knowledgeable cruise agent and ask him / her to send you an email whenever a cruise line advertises a special.

Do you have a Travel Agent? They may have this info.

It honestly never occurred to me to get a travel agent but now that you mention it it does seem like this is the kind of thing that they do.

Do travel agents generally cover multiple cruise lines? Does anybody have a list of good ones? My concern with using an agent is my concern about how they get paid; it feels like if I involve a third party in the transaction I'm ultimately paying for that -- which I suppose would be worth it if the overall cost was lower or if it was a significant time savings.

It honestly never occurred to me to get a travel agent but now that you mention it it does seem like this is the kind of thing that they do.

Do travel agents generally cover multiple cruise lines? Does anybody have a list of good ones? My concern with using an agent is my concern about how they get paid; it feels like if I involve a third party in the transaction I'm ultimately paying for that -- which I suppose would be worth it if the overall cost was lower or if it was a significant time savings.

Just look in the Yellow Pages for travel agencies. Look for those that specialize in cruises. And don't restrict yourself to talking to just one agency. Go to several, until you find an agent that you really like.