Port Everglades WC assistance

Bettug

This is our first cruise with a disability which has limited my mobility.

We have our own folding wheelchair which we will be bringing with us. How and where do we get the assistance we will need to board at the terminal?

I’m not familiar with boarding a ship in a wheelchair. In the past, I was able to walk unassisted through the different levels but I can not do that anymore. Is there another entrance to board in a WC? I was apprehensive taking my first flight as a handicapped person and now I’m preparing for my first cruise in this condition.

I’m not familiar with boarding a ship in a wheelchair. In the past, I was able to walk unassisted through the different levels but I can not do that anymore. Is there another entrance to board in a WC? I was apprehensive taking my first flight as a handicapped person and now I’m preparing for my first cruise in this condition.
This is our first cruise with a disability which has limited my mobility.

We have our own folding wheelchair which we will be bringing with us. How and where do we get the assistance we will need to board at the terminal?

Since you are bringing you're own folding wheelchair do you require someone from the cruiseline to push you on board or will you or someone from your party do that ? If you're wanting someone from the cruise line to push the wheelchair than just approach any cruise line representative once inside the terminal for assistance. Your name will be placed on a list as such assistance is offered only on a first come first served basis even though you have your own wheelchair. Wheelchair or no wheelchair there is a very limited number of wheelchair attendants availalble so expect to wait. If you or someone in your party can push you on board the process will be faster. There is not a seperate wheelchair entrance into the terminal.

Wheelchair assistance is outside the terminal entrance, and there will be someone with a clipboard so you can add your name to the list. As 'pushers' become available, they will wheel you inside the terminal, through check-in, and then turn you over to someone from the ship who can wheel you on the ship and to your cabin.