water shoes?

heymario

Upcoming cruise in March with ports of call to St Thomas San Juan and Grand Turk...all affected by the hurricanes and planning to do beach stops at each - are water shoes/socks needed?

I was just in Grand Turk and I HIGHLY recommend the shoes. The beaches are extremely rocky and it was a lifesaver to have them with us!

Just curious.. I don't mind it being rocky but are there other things that I would have to worry about stepping on because of the hurricane? I'm not one for water shoes but may need to consider them if the beaches are still pretty bad with hidden debris. I'm going on a cruise in April and 3 of the 4 ports got hit.

Just curious.. I don't mind it being rocky but are there other things that I would have to worry about stepping on because of the hurricane? I'm not one for water shoes but may need to consider them if the beaches are still pretty bad with hidden debris. I'm going on a cruise in April and 3 of the 4 ports got hit.
There can be glass on any beach. Always a good idea to use water shoes.

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

Upcoming cruise in March with ports of call to St Thomas San Juan and Grand Turk...all affected by the hurricanes and planning to do beach stops at each - are water shoes/socks needed?

The beach to the right of the pier as you walk off the ship is very rocky. To the left, it is sandy. St. Thomas is going to depend on the beach that you go to - reports are that Sapphire (which does have some rocky areas) is back to normal - just stripped of some of its tree cover. And in San Juan, I have no idea what beach you are planning to go to - this port is not known for beaches.