Obtaining Currency Onboard

13_jane

Hi there

We are about to head off on the QM2 next week, but once we get to NY, we are heading straight to the airport for a flight down to the Bahamas. So we will need some $$$ - is there a currency exchange onboard? Its one less thing to worry about before we leave, and one less thing to lose if I can get it on the boat! I know JFK will have some, but would like to have it before we leave the ship for taxis etc...

thanks

jane

Hi there

We are about to head off on the QM2 next week, but once we get to NY, we are heading straight to the airport for a flight down to the Bahamas. So we will need some $$$ - is there a currency exchange onboard? Its one less thing to worry about before we leave, and one less thing to lose if I can get it on the boat! I know JFK will have some, but would like to have it before we leave the ship for taxis etc...

thanks

jane

Jane - yes you can buy dollars at the Pursers office but don't expect to get a very good rate of exchange. We get it locally and have never lost it yet.

Where are you, we are from Runcorn.

Have a great trip.

David.

Jane - yes you can buy dollars at the Pursers office but don't expect to get a very good rate of exchange. We get it locally and have never lost it yet.

Where are you, we are from Runcorn.

Have a great trip.

David.

Wow! I'm near Delamere!! small world!!!

You've not seen my family David!! we forgot my poor step-sons trousers for his suit last year, and had to do a de-tour via Topman in London for a new suit !!! We are terrible!!

thanks for your message - honestly thats one less thing for us to remember!

Jane

Hi there

thanks

jane

Yes, there is. It will have a pretty steep surcharge.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived