Early sign up list

RMS Olympic

discovered today it is possible to sign up on a pre sale listing to get to reserve a cabin before general sales open. To sign up requires a deposit which is refundable. I remember the same wait list offer was initiated for the QM2 requiring a similar deposit.

Well I signed up so that I can have a shot at the maiden voyage.

Anyone else going to sign up?

I'm definitely curious in this cruise line. Sir Richard Branson doesn't do anything half cocked so I'm quite interested to see how this ship progresses. The initial deposit depends on how much introductory pricing is. I can't wait to see more details about the ship or artist renderings before I make the commitment though.

Hey CruisinMaterial! With all the hype that is going to go on about this new product I can only imagine the initial demand. But I hope to be on its first voyage....even if it costs more....time enough to budget

My impression is that this sign up just started today....curious as to how many sign up....if my confirmation number of 1018 means 1017 people already registered before me....wow.

Just the fact it's adult-only has me hooked. It will truly be the first mass-market product geared towards adults only. Finally I will have a ship to sail during the summer months and holidays that won't be loaded with kids, nor break the bank. I'm tired of mass-market ships trying to be all things to all people. It only works marginally at best.

The design has some traits from MSC SEASIDE and the upcoming NCL Leonardo Class of ships. All based off Fincantieri's Project Mille. Same aircraft carrier style aft deck with a condo-style tower rising above.

I'm sure this will be much more innovative though, perhaps with new aspects of the cruise experience we have never seen before (think dining, entertainment, and even cabin design).

TONS of questions. I get that it's a refundable deposit, but I would hate to waste my time plunking down coin on something either way out of my league or not interesting enough, and then waiting to get it back. They won't say how much cabins might cost (that's a HUGE factor for us. It makes a difference if it's a $2000 cruise or a $20000 cruise). Where is it sailing from? Plane tix to FLL-$400. Plane tix to Europe-Yikes! Where is it sailing to? (That's not so much a problem for me-it could sail in circles for a week and I'd be happy, but my hubby is destination driven, so anything caribbean is out.) I'm very excited, but very mystified.

TONS of questions. I get that it's a refundable deposit, but I would hate to waste my time plunking down coin on something either way out of my league or not interesting enough, and then waiting to get it back. They won't say how much cabins might cost (that's a HUGE factor for us. It makes a difference if it's a $2000 cruise or a $20000 cruise). Where is it sailing from? Plane tix to FLL-$400. Plane tix to Europe-Yikes! Where is it sailing to? (That's not so much a problem for me-it could sail in circles for a week and I'd be happy, but my hubby is destination driven, so anything caribbean is out.) I'm very excited, but very mystified.

We know the ship will be doing 7-day cruises out of Miami to the Caribbean out of a dedicated new terminal. The ship will be mass-market based on size and capacity, so expect pricing to be in the range of Royal Caribbean's new ships, maybe slightly higher. Prices might go as high as Disney, but they won't be anything like the luxury lines (Silversea, Seabourn) or even the premium lines (Viking Ocean, Azamara, Oceania). As far as I know, it will not be an all-inclusive experience. Being that it's adult-only, it's possible they may go with a format that includes drinks. If that is the case, expect pricing to be higher. All that remains to be seen.

It's also possible there will be some inaugural cruises prior to the repositioning from the shipyard to Miami. That could mean some Europe cruises and the transatlantic from Europe to Miami. Again all speculation. The refundable deposit will let you choose from any of the cruises that are for sale, and any cabin category.

Made the plunge. I know this is a ship I want to sail on (especially since I don't have kids), and I would enjoy being one of the first.

Looks like I'm deposit number 1070. I would say they are off to a good start. They have already pocketed over $500k with relatively no details.

38042332032_4012167661_o.png

Hi Eroller! I did not know this will be adult only.....that is a surprise. So far I have only seen the bow rendering, are there any stern drawings out there?

As this maiden voyage is for a new line....I will be on her regardless of her itinerary. I am wondering if there will be single outside cabins like on the Celebrity Edge. If lines continue to add outside single cabins, NCL will have to consider doing the same on the Leonardo class. Speaking of Leonardo......that's another must do. I hope she sails out of Venice for her maiden voyage.....how cool would it be to fly to London, take the Orient Simplon Express to Venice and then board the Leonardo class ship....ca-Ching !

As for the signup list for VV.....can't believe how fast it's growing, wonder if there will be a cutoff or just let it roll and cash in.

See ya onboard. PS....and good info on the Costa Smeralda?

Tom

I'm debating the deposit, too. More than likely, the maiden voyage will be in late spring like most others. I can't do that because I'm a teacher, so I'm wondering if it's worth it to plunk down the money now when I know that I don't need to try to secure a cabin on the first bunch of cruises. I'm thinking I'll wait until the next wave of information comes out.

Hi Eroller! I did not know this will be adult only.....that is a surprise. So far I have only seen the bow rendering, are there any stern drawings out there?

As this maiden voyage is for a new line....I will be on her regardless of her itinerary. I am wondering if there will be single outside cabins like on the Celebrity Edge. If lines continue to add outside single cabins, NCL will have to consider doing the same on the Leonardo class. Speaking of Leonardo......that's another must do. I hope she sails out of Venice for her maiden voyage.....how cool would it be to fly to London, take the Orient Simplon Express to Venice and then board the Leonardo class ship....ca-Ching !

As for the signup list for VV.....can't believe how fast it's growing, wonder if there will be a cutoff or just let it roll and cash in.

See ya onboard. PS....and good info on the Costa Smeralda?

Tom

Hey Tom,

The adult-only is the very best part! Think how nice the pools and open decks will be, without being overrun with kids. Like Vibe on NCL or Serenity on Princess but the whole deck, and without having to pay extra!

I bet there will be single cabins. That makes a lot of sense on a ship catering to adults. I bet inside and outside cabins, even balcony cabins. A large percentage of cabins will have balconies, I think 86% is what was said.

I'm also booked on EDGE. Can't wait for that one and I love Celebrity. I'm more hesitant with NCL. I'm sure I'll sail on the Leonardo Class but I'm sort of over NCL for the time being. There are just better lines for me. My last cruise was on HARMONY OF THE SEAS. It was exceptional. Everything about it blew NCL out of the water. Next up is QM2 in a couple weeks, then back to Royal Caribbean in December, and then the new MSC SEASIDE in January. I'm really looking forward to that one. Splurged for the Yacht Club (inside cabin though).

The new Costa ship should be interesting, being LNG and all, but very high density. I'll probably pass on it. I'm not a big fan of the modern Costa. Basically a European version of Carnival but I think Carnival has better food and entertainment. So versions of the Costa new build will make their way to AIDA, P&O, and Carnival Cruise Lines. I'll probably just wait for the Carnival version to try it out.

On my radar now for future is EDGE, Virgin Voyages, the new Cunard ship, SAGA DISCOVERY which looks amazing, and the new Disney ships. Of course Royal Caribbean is also designing something completely new, but that is a long way off. Lots to look forward to! Oh and I desperately want to try any ship with Viking Ocean. They look fantastic.

Number of sign ups.....if the ship takes about 2800 pax, will the sign up list be limited to 1400? If it's not limited, and if all sign ups want the first sailing then will it be first come first serve leaving many disappointed once the ship capacity is reached?

Hey Ernie. Thanks for the renderings....now even more excited!!! And I don't see rock climbing walls, water slides, merry go rounds

I made a deposit this morning but got a message back saying that they were trending and they would send me an email with my confirmation number. Wondering if that means they hit their maximum capacity for deposits... did anyone else receive this?

Keep in mind the deposit gives you the opportunity to be the first to book any of the cruises before they are released to the general public. Not everyone that put down a deposit will want to book the maiden voyage, although I’m sure many will.

I made a deposit this morning but got a message back saying that they were trending and they would send me an email with my confirmation number. Wondering if that means they hit their maximum capacity for deposits... did anyone else receive this?

Sorry to hear that! Hopefully, you'll get that email soon. I put a deposit down just now without issue. #1190.

Eroller....Ernie, you had me crying this morning having found your album on the FairSea. Anything Sitmar makes me emotional as it represents a time when cruising was elegant and social. Today it's people wanting diversions, being tech connected and heaven forbid being social.

My hope is that Virgin designs a cLass act but not stuffy, and conducive to socializing. Maybe I'm getting too old but sitting at a dining table with people on their phones or iPads isn't my idea of cruising. But thanks for my Sitmar fix.

Sorry to hear that! Hopefully, you'll get that email soon. I put a deposit down just now without issue. #1190.

That’s good to hear... I guess a system glitch or something for me. Hopefully, I’ll get my email soon.

Eroller....Ernie, you had me crying this morning having found your album on the FairSea. Anything Sitmar makes me emotional as it represents a time when cruising was elegant and social. Today it's people wanting diversions, being tech connected and heaven forbid being social.

My hope is that Virgin designs a cLass act but not stuffy, and conducive to socializing. Maybe I'm getting too old but sitting at a dining table with people on their phones or iPads isn't my idea of cruising. But thanks for my Sitmar fix.

Sitmar was awesome, as was Home Lines, the Italian Line, and so many others. A different time and a different style of cruising that doesn't exist today.

Funny thing about FAIRSEA. Six years after that Mexican Riviera cruise I would find myself working onboard her as a Purser. I lived on the ship almost 8 months. One of the best experiences of my life.

I don't really associate Virgin with being traditional, but just being adult-only and void of all the gimmicks (go-cart tracks, flow riders, ropes courses, etc) should make for a very nice experience. I do think we will see a lot of innovation when it comes to the onboard product. Everything from cabins to even the service I think will be reinvented in some way.

Ernie, off topic.....Saga Discovery. Is there a North American agent for Saga? There is a 7 night Sept 2019 to Norway that has my attention.

David Morris International has recently been appointed to represent Saga for sales, marketing, and reservations in North America.

An intersting tidbit ... apparently the new Saga ships were originally designed to be new Azamara ships, but Azamara passed and Saga picked upped the option from the shipyard.