Gem theft

MtheMM

Yup, happened to us. We had two rooms on the cruise beginning November 21` - a Penthouse and another Suite.

In spite of overwhelming, first person proof - NCL GEM had the nerve to insist that we were trying to back out of charges. We don't drink. There were ten bottles of liquor stolen (somebody witnesses act), also our card was abused 160 times in the Arcade. There were hoodlam type children running around and I suspect many know whom I am speaking of.

Security insisted - actually lied as well, that they never saw the report that we gave over a period of hours to 3 other security guards. Very disturbing. Anybody have this happen? They refused to view cameras though we can identify within 15 minutes when this stuff happened. They corrected our spelling of the names before we got to the third letter of the four various names. They knew. Still no resolution. Head Guard, Paul Grant, suggested he would do something different as a parent? Huh? This had NOTHING to do with our kid who was accounted for elsewhere.

Pathetic.

I say this to inform unsuspecting passengers of the lack of integrity floating around the security staff. They, at first, "Never saw such paperwork," until we identified several people who saw the interview from start to finish. Then, unsurprisingly, there was only a single page available. The rest - the narrative - was never submitted by the security staff the previous evening. So that sweet, adorable personality we saw among many of the staff? Meaningless and fake.

dd, You are absolutely right that I did not explain that well. When my daughter was needed to use the restroom in her cabin, she invited four kids to wait for her on the couch. Immediately upon entering the bathroom, she heard the refridgerator door slam and kids run out of room yellling, "Let's go. Get out of here." She checked the fridge, the liquor was missing and came to find us - her mom and dad. Meanwhile, her room card was being used at the arcade to the tune of 160 games!

Yes , easyboy. That is exactly what we did. I don't have any expectation of satisfaction because the lead security man was very invested in making this a non issue - like we fabricated the whole claim. I read earlier where another passenger had something similar happen.

For what it's worth, I wasn't the first person on this cruise to have stuff vandalized by this one particular kid and his possee. In several other incidents, the teen was also actually videotaped in action. One incident occurred on the beach so rather understandably, NCL said they wouldn't get involved, even though it was between two passengers. The way this kid bullied some elderly people and carried on about drugs he brought and showed around on the trip, was disturbing. The cussing, disrespect.....a wake up call for me.

As much as anything because his parents were so disafffected.

Thank you for the better explanation. I hope you had not heard of this "boy and his posse", or seen him running wild, prior to the instance with the liquor being stolen from you. If not people are going to come out of the woodwork saying "why did you let your daughter hang out with them"?

Had you been reading Cruise Critic long you also would have read posts saying never let your children go into any other cabin but your own. I would read that both ways and not let my daughter bring anyone in our room either.

I'm assuming the comments from security relating to your daughter stems from them thinking if she was hanging out with them, so she might be like them. I know this was probably eye opening to you and your daughter, a good life lesson.

You could try to escalate the issue, but please explain in detail, or whoever reads it will not understand it 100%.

Good luck.