Nieuw Statendam, Captain

Tennessee Titan

We were on board Koningsdam last month and current captain and hotel director indicated that they would be moving over to NS. Can't recall full names but Captain was Canadian think his first name was Daryn(?) and hotel director was Don.

We were on board Koningsdam last month and current captain and hotel director indicated that they would be moving over to NS. Can't recall full names but Captain was Canadian think his first name was Daryn(?) and hotel director was Don.

We were recently on the Konigsdam and heard the same thing from the Captain himself and the Hotel Director during the Q and A. Wish I could remember their names--they were both great. Also the Cruise Director Carson and the Pinnacle Manager, Martyn were going as well. Wonder who will be taking their places. Actually those people should be on board now as it is my understanding that they were leaving for Palermo soon and may be there now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It would make perfect sense that either one of the two current Koningsdam's captains , Captain Bowland or Captain De Vries ( they both live in Canada !!! :D:D:D ) would be one of the captains on the Nieuw Statendam , same class of ship and they are use to the equipment and layout of the new ship .

I would not be surprised if either one is already in Venice to oversee this new built and they likely will take some of the regular officers they work with over to the Nieuw Statendam .

I'll check on the Koningsdam in January and see what the word is when on board !

I wonder when and where and by whom the ship will be christened . The Koningsdam was christened by Queen Maxima of the Netherlands in Amsterdam. Also find it a strange time for the scheduled Premier Cruise out of Italy in December that is if they are on schedule . The Koningsdam Premier cruise was delayed by a couple of months ! :D